Author Topic: No diet needed!  (Read 1387 times)

Pen-Pusher

No diet needed!
« on: September 26, 2015, 10:35:09 AM »
I'm always hearing other modellers talking about liquid poly (I use the Humbrol one) as thin or ultra-thin for delicate work. Can anyone explain from experience what difference each type/manufacturer makes?  :-\

Haddock

Re: No diet needed!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 09:44:06 PM »
I use Tamiya extra thin and Mr Hobby liquid cement. I find Mr hobby works quicker than the Tamiya product and evaporates almost immediately whereas Tamiya "lives" longer and can be used like Revell Professional if you are quick. That means you can brush it on small parts before bringing them together which can be quite useful sometimes. I think Tamiya is the most versatile of the two but I like 'em both.
 You can get Tamiya from Croppers. I could get some for you I you don't fancy a trip to Brid.
Haddock.

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 12:58:14 PM »
Thanks for that. I'll be sneaking into Brid under cover of darkness later this week so I'll arrange a covert incursion to Croppers....!

Haddock

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 04:54:33 PM »
Bring your wallet, it's a bit like Aladdin's cave.
Haddock.

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 07:32:12 PM »
I've been using Mr Cement S for small parts as it flows very easily from the small brush applicator and dries invisibly.  The range of Vitalbond CA glues from Boyes (thick, med, thin) is for general gluing and the odd plastic that refuses to let "superglues" work thei magic get the Revel Contacta treatment.  There's loads of science involved but I really CBA with all that blx and not being a collector of lotions and potions so unless someone I know personally has recommended it and lets me have a go, I stick to what is familiar.  Comments about (no) puns intended are not required!