Author Topic: 'Tasty Option'  (Read 1397 times)

Pen-Pusher

'Tasty Option'
« on: September 17, 2015, 10:58:19 AM »
If like me, you're continually looking for extra paint jars - don't forget all those small breakfast jars you get as a present or with your posh-afternoon teas - they make great storage or mixing jars for both enamel and/or arcylic paint. certainly better than buying spare jars from the model shop... Just a thought!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Haddock

Re: 'Tasty Option'
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 03:23:40 PM »
Hello.
  Nowt to do with jam-jars but here's where you may find some information on wooden decks.
Go to "the model ship forum" and you may find what you're looking for. You can always register, it's free, and post a question.
You could also try "steel navy.com", I think there are some reviews on wood decks.
Be prepared to spend some time!
Haddock.

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 09:15:03 PM »
Nowt to do with wooden decks, but back to the subject of small vessels; when mixing my paints, I've taken to using them small paste jars - the contents of which contribute to my pack up - which are at worse, 75p for an 'own brand' or usually on offer somewhere or other for a similar or better price for a 'known brand'.

I have to share them with DCOS mind you,  as she discovered some years ago that they hold exactly the right amount of baby milk powder for one feed and not only that but the neck of the jar fits snugly into the neck of the feeding bottle so the 2 can be mixed without any risk of spillage.  When out and about being a nanny, she takes the required number of feeding bottles with boiled water in and the same number of my bloody paint mixing jars (unused) with the powder in for an instant and nutritious meal for the screaming little brats!!!

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 09:54:35 PM »
Wizzel, Now't to do wi wooden decks and now't to do with paint pots... At age five supply each b*** with a small backpack, a five pound note and tell them to come back when they've graduated!!

Haddock, On subject of wooden decks... Have sourced and ordered a set for the academy Graff Spee though I suspect I'll be begging your assistance and advice... for some time!

Wizzel, Keep checking the charity shops. I came across a whole box of small jars which are now safely hidden away from the jam-making shelf!

Eee ba gum!