Author Topic: new builds  (Read 5531 times)

driffowl

new builds
« on: March 22, 2011, 04:23:46 PM »
have just  got round to taking a half decent picture of a model i finished a while back it's a games workshop

warhammer 40,000
   NECRON
     C'TAN
 NIGHTBRINGER

its white metal and to be honest was a pig to glue ,requiring several pins i  also added to the base as the model is very top heavy due to the pose.
i used games workshop  citadel paint colours .<far superior to humbrol,tamiya etc>,the model is usually painted mainly in black but i fancied using a different colour scheme and i think it works quite well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

driffowl

Re: new builds
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 06:22:21 PM »
i have just finished this 1/35 white metal belgo model bought at huddersfield for £2 i called it "lucky strike" as it is a german paratrooper who has just found a carton of enemy fags as my dad reckoned they always struggled for them but the yanks had plenty i thought they would most likely be american. i scratchbuilt the fence<and in hindsight put the figure to close to it> and used the static grass also bought at huddersfield from "TREEMENDOUS" which once you get the hang of it is really good

Addz0009

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 06:44:07 AM »
Nice work. Look forward to seeing more.

Adam

driffowl

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 01:17:16 PM »
2nd of the 3 belgo white metal figures bought at 'uddersfield for the princely sum of £2 @.unusual in the fact that the figure was carrying 2 rifles ,as one got broken i subbed it for a tamiya helmet.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »
Hi Driffowl,

Nice work mate, I'm currently on with a 1/32 Hunter that i started eons ago. I'll put some pics on sometime.

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

driffowl

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 09:05:55 PM »
last one.of the three belgo models purchased at 'uddersfield,it's the one behind the counter with the wine botttle,perhaps though my best purchase at the said show was a huge bag of body parts etc legs ,arms,torso's ,heads,helmets etc for a fiver,i had cause to use it with this model as the resin one <wine bottle guy> had no legs in the box .the other figure is a tamiya one and the rest is scratchbuilt.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 07:53:36 AM »
 :D
Good stuff, keep modelling, don't let them grind you down.
Dave
Grumpy by name and nature

driffowl

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 03:55:36 PM »
nil desperandum and all that eh lol ;D

driffowl

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 03:59:52 PM »
big thanks to a generous benefactor that will now enable me to finish an ongoing project that has been dragging its heels for weeks now

in the words of the scottish stonemasons tribute to the fallen of two world wars

ta

;D

driffowl

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 08:17:59 PM »
my latest w.i.p a 1:1 scale gun emplacement

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 07:41:27 AM »
 :)
You seem to be the only person posting anything - I gave up as little response was forthcoming.
Dave
Grumpy by name and nature

driffowl

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 04:35:45 PM »
yeah thanks dave i know the feeling,and you are right ,i would comment on the apathy but i cant be bothered lol

driffowl

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 09:58:12 AM »
sorry as i cant access the blog i will have to use the forum to say nice work dave like the pictures ;)