Author Topic: Revell Ju88A-1  (Read 1089 times)

meremodeller

• View Profile
Revell Ju88A-1
« on: July 17, 2021, 01:17:52 PM »
For those of you who might be interested in my 1/72nd model of the Ju88A-1 in the most recent MoVT this is a bit of an explanation.
It's the new Revell kit, which is based in part on their earlier Ju88A-4 there are many new parts to produce an accurate A-1 and I have attached a photo of the specific nose section build OOB.
It has been built to replace my conversion of the Airfix Ju88A-4 kit built in 1969. There will be more to come on this set of models plus some thoughts on the new Humbrol Dropper Paints.

chriswil42

• View Profile
Re: Revell Ju88A-1
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 02:07:11 PM »
The detail looks excellent Bill.
Chris

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 01:07:57 PM »
Looking good.
Grumpy by name and nature

meremodeller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 03:16:13 PM »
Just a little more info on the Ju88A-1.  It is being built to replace a much older model and it makes an interesting comparison with modelling now compared to back in the 60's.
The kit it self is really very accurate and  correct for the 88A-1 version, including the cockpit.
It had been my intention to hand paint the model with the 'new' Humbrol Dropper paints as I have found these to be very good to use, with excellent coverage and leaving no brush marks. Unfortunately the range as marketed does not match any of the colours that are 'on the tin' so it's a matter of mixing 2 or 3 colours together to match suitable colour chips.
Looking at my original model it's hard to believe it was hand painted, such is the quality of the original 'Humbrol Authentic Colours'. These of course were enamels and full of chemicals such as lead etc. so they have been reformulated. and the range is much reduced now anyway. both in the Enamels and the Acrylic colours.
As I have several other models to build as I replace the original kits I'll be trying other manufacturers acrylics.
Just one final point, all the models in the BoB set can be replaced with recent Airfix kits except the Junker Ju88. This model has not been replaced in the range as yet. What's the betting they will do the Ju88 next year?!!!

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 03:58:42 PM »
Fantastic paintwork in the cockpit Bill, the model certainly has the look and feel of an A-1, well done.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 05:34:49 PM »
Nice brush work there.
Grumpy by name and nature

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2021, 08:19:44 PM »
Hi Bill,
That cockpit looks superb.
I have an A-4 from Revell in the 'stash'.
Your build so far insipre's me to do better.
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

kiwichappers

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 10:18:53 AM »
Fine work Bill in the very impressive cockpit. The latest Revell kits are definitely much improved and build into fine replicas in the hands of skilled modellers.

Red Lancer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2021, 03:12:56 PM »
Excellent model