Author Topic: East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show 2020  (Read 2388 times)

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show 2020
« on: March 29, 2020, 12:01:51 PM »
Hi All,

At this time I would normally be outlining our forthcoming East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show, on 6th September 2020.
Currently the show is in an advanced stage of preparation, with nearly all Trader and Exhibitor Space allocated from the returned booking forms.

However, in light of the current Coronavirus Covid-19 Pandemic things are complicated somewhat.

Club Statement.

'In light of the current and developing situation, IPMS Bridlington and Wolds Scale Model Club are constantly reviewing the show situation nationwide'.

'We have decided that will constantly appraise the show situation, and will make a decision whether to continue with the show or to cancel this year's event until 2021, by the end of April 2020.

These are very difficult times for all concerned, but IPMS Bridlington and Wolds Scale Model Club would like to assure all those who have expressed an interest in attending, that if at all possible, dependant of the most recent and updated, government restrictions, we hope that the show may be able to go ahead.

However, if we choose to decide that the show must be cancelled this year in light of the Coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak, we guarantee that all payments made in respect of Traders, and additional wristband payments will be refunded in full to those concerned. Any cheques/monies, received but not currently 'banked' will be returned to the sender.

We must stress that from an absolute point of public safety, to our club members, supporters, and visitors, that we will adhere to the very latest and current government policy at all times, even if that means that the East Riding of Yorkshire Scale Model Show 2020 has to be cancelled for this year' 

Thankyou,
Kevin Dolman
Show Co-ordinator
IPMS Bridlington and Wolds Scale Model Club
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 08:38:51 PM by Bigkev »
I hope my next is always better

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show 2020
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 12:29:38 PM »
Many thanks for stating our position.
Grumpy by name and nature

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 10:00:25 AM »
Thanks Kevin.  I was thinking about this myself yesterday and when a decision would need to be made - which is a very difficult thing to do without the aid of a TARDIS.  Imagine IPMS UK are going through this - and then some - for the Nationals.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 06:14:10 AM »
Hi All,

At this time I would normally be outlining our forthcoming East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show, on 6th September 2020.
Currently the show is in an advanced stage of preparation, with nearly all Trader and Exhibitor Space allocated from the returned booking forms.

However, in light of the current Coronavirus Covid-19 Pandemic things are complicated somewhat.

Club Statement.

'In light of the current and developing situation, IPMS Bridlington and Wolds Scale Model Club are constantly reviewing the show situation nationwide'.

'We have decided that will constantly appraise the show situation, and will make a decision whether to continue with the show or to cancel this year's event until 2021, by the end of April 2020.

These are very difficult times for all concerned, but IPMS Bridlington and Wolds Scale Model Club would like to assure all those who have expressed an interest in attending, that if at all possible, dependant of the most recent and updated, government restrictions, we hope that the show may be able to go ahead.

However, if we choose to decide that the show must be cancelled this year in light of the Coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak, we guarantee that all payments made in respect of Traders, and additional wristband payments will be refunded in full to those concerned. Any cheques/monies, received but not currently 'banked' will be returned to the sender.

We must stress that from an absolute point of public safety, to our club members, supporters, and visitors, that we will adhere to the very latest and current government policy at all times, even if that means that the East Riding of Yorkshire Scale Model Show 2020 has to be cancelled for this year' 

Thankyou,
Kevin Dolman
Show Co-ordinator

Show Cancellation

Dear All,
It is with deep regret that IPMS Bridlington and Wolds Scale Model Club have reluctantly decided to cancel the East Riding of Yorkshire Scale Model Show 2020, in light of the Coronavirus Covid-19 Pandemic.

Having assessed the latest restrictions and the possible gradual relaxing of such restrictions in which large gatherings and social events will be amongst the last to be relaxed, we feel that is safer for all Club Members, Visitors, Traders, Exhibitors , for us to cancel the show for 2020.

As stated before, we are prepared to refund all monies received from Traders and Exhibitors that have been banked, or those monies not yet banked returned.

Those parties will be contacted as soon as possible, to discuss each individual situation and make arrangements.

We are very sorry to come to this decision, it has not been an easy one.

We are looking at returning in 2021, but no decision/commitment has yet been made. 

Kevin Dolman
Show Co-ordinator

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 07:57:07 AM »
Well done Kevin, I wish I had your gift with the written word.
Good decision.
Haddock.

Wizzel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 07:28:19 PM »
Many thanks Kevin.  A tough decision but well said.  Imagine how much space we will need for the BoB display at next year's show if we do one and Zak carries on building at the rate he is now!

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 09:14:19 PM »
Hi All,

I have notified IPMS UK of our cancellation and what it shows on their website and it should also be listed as cancelled in the next IPMS Magazine that the show is cancelled for 2020.

I have also notified Airfix Model World of our cancellation and have had an acknowledgement of the shows cancellation. This was the only magazine to reply to my 'announcement of show details' so hence they get the 'heads up' first.
I will contact all the others I sent an 'announcement' to in due course.

Refunds.

To be fully transparent about our refund policy to those who have paid a deposit, I can confirm the following have been sent a cheque to cover their booking fee in full.

Traders:-

The following Traders and Clubs/SIG's  have all been sent a 'Full Refund' in respect of their booking 'Trade Space' or 'Additional Wristbands' at Our Show.

Bookworld (Avid Reader)
Brigade Models
Black Mike Models
Richard Leach (Bookseller)

Clubs/SIG's

IPMS Coventry and Warwickshire
Bridlington Model Boat Society

Note:- There're are other Traders and Clubs/SIG's who have not yet responded to my initial communication. These will be contacted in the next few days and their refunds processed accordingly.

Please Keep Safe and Keep well,

Kevin Dolman
Show Co-ordinator
IPMS Bridlington and Wolds Scale Model Club.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 07:44:12 AM »
Good work that man.
Grumpy by name and nature

Wizzel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 01:28:23 PM »
Niceness.  We now have another year to find a "bing bong" for the announcements.  (see, how optimistic am I that we will actually want to run a show in 2021 :-)

Bob C

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 07:30:48 PM »
Thanks Kevin.
Bob c

Red Lancer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2020, 02:49:39 PM »
Thanks Kevin, shame really.
However, on the positive side, I may not tell my wife...2days with no gardening, decorating.....etc..

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 07:01:11 AM »
Hi All,

This just to update all concerned.

All monies have now been refunded to Traders and Clubs/SIG's.

Furthermore, every Club/SIG has been contacted directly to confirm the cancellation of this years show.

Thanks,

Kevin Dolman
Show Co-ordinator