Author Topic: Ku.Fl.Gr. 406  (Read 5272 times)

chriswil42

• View Profile
Re: Ku.Fl.Gr. 406
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2024, 08:46:24 AM »
Looking good Chris. Have a good trip.
Chris

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2024, 04:47:51 PM »
Thanks guys, Svalbard and Norway were fantastic but it was back to reality with the build. As per recent Revell kits the decals are excellent, the problem arises when you come to apply them as the panel lines on the instructions aren't on the kit so much deliberation was made as to where to put them, bin excluded. I should have known better as I've had this problem with other Revell kits. Being honest some turned out to be slightly out of position when checked against further references. Memo to self DO THIS FIRST!!!! Hakenkreuz came from the Xtradecal set. Once they were on the fiddly bits like mass balances were added but I had to make a new aerial mast as the original snapped when I was taking it off the sprue. Not the first time this has happened either. Some weathering was done with Revell powders then it was on with a coat of Satin varnish before removing the masks, followed by initial paint touchups. I definitely haven't turned a sow's ear into a silk purse but tell myself the rough finish is because the plane has just come back from a long sortie over the Arctic Ocean.
As there is no beaching trolley included in the kit I bought the Kora resin one, the downsides are the instructions are the drawing shown in the photograph, so a lot more research needed, and the spacer stays and drawbars are the fine plastic in the photo, the former will definitely not hold their shape once the a/c is placed in the carriages, so brass rod will be used.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2024, 07:28:40 PM »
Done a nice job on this one Chris, despite its age.
Looks like it has been well used.
Will look good when you have got the beaching trolley done.
Kevin
I hope my next is always better

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2024, 06:43:20 PM »
Looks very nice Chris.
Chris