Author Topic: From below the waves  (Read 1406 times)

otherworld79

From below the waves
« on: July 24, 2018, 08:12:19 PM »
If you came here thinking the title eluded to more submarines, Im afraid your out of luck. Sorry to say Im back to my usual form of clawed, toothy, scaley things. A visit to mighty lancer games saw me brought to my knees by all the monstery goodness withing its walls. The only proper way to announce my first purchase is to shout "RELEASE THE KRAKEN" as its a reaper bones Kraken model a lovely cunk of plastic for the low cost of £20, not many pieces in the box, but the fun with these is in the paining, next up is the awakened dreamer, the eldar god himself Cthulu once  again by reaper bones. Half a dozen pieces all nicely moulded for the godly sum of £29, the smaller Cthulu was only  £5 and I think goes quiet nicely with his larger counterpart. The only issue I had with these kits was brought about by the heat, firstly its played havoc with the paint causeing it to rub off if overhandled, secondly these kits are solid lumps of an almost vinyl type plastic so lots of droopy tentacles and other extremities. A few minutes in the freezer soon over came this problem though and allowed me to carry on.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: From below the waves
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 07:46:21 AM »
Scary stuff.
Grumpy by name and nature

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
Re: From below the waves
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 09:02:47 PM »
They're ace.  I do like a nice bit of fantasy!