Author Topic: Pulled Muscle  (Read 1352 times)

otherworld79

Pulled Muscle
« on: February 08, 2018, 10:18:05 AM »
Sometimes what seems a good idea in my head when put into practice turns into a monster, quiet literally in this case. I looked at my big rig and my collection of 1/25 muscle cars and thought "Hey they would look really good as a one piece display". So I tracked down a 1/25 transport trailer in South Korea placed the order and as patiently as I could I awaited it's arrival. 5 days later I had it in my hands and began my build. When I say build it was more of a fight, warped parts, a ton of flash and a set of instructions that gave you a rough idea of construction. Eventually something resembling a trailer emerged, so now to add the rubber tubing for the hydrolics and what a wonderful experience that was due to its sheer refusal to bond to the plastic. That fight over onto the chains, to my surprise they bonded on the first attempt, my joy soon turned to dismay as I realised the chain supplied was just over an inch short. After all that I matched it up to the tractor, added the cars, took a step back and immediately though "where on earth do I put nearly a meter of plastic". So from one small idea I now have a monster of a model and all though it was a pain in the lower prosteria, I must say it was worth the trouble it gave me and will continue to give me when it comes to dusting the cabinet it now sits on.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: Pulled Muscle
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 11:16:44 AM »
Whatever the problems, it looks the job, Bring it along to a meeting. Oh you will need a bigger vehicle for that as well.
Grumpy by name and nature

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 07:28:10 PM »
Nice way to display the cars - good thinking batman
MSea

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 09:15:37 PM »
Hi Otherworld,
Very impressive and good way of putting all your great car models in one place.
Just might need an extension on your house now.....................
Nice work, keep it up.
Cheers,
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better