Author Topic: Need help  (Read 1370 times)

OLVAR

Need help
« on: May 11, 2018, 11:27:26 AM »
Hello guys,
i became an E-Mail , i this Mail from the forum here?

Hi Oli,

This is a bit of an odd request as I’m not quite sure if it strictly applies to members living outside the UK. Anyway we should have your address anyway and I will then be able to send you the Special Club ‘Pin’ that’s just arrived.

Could you therefore please email me your Postal Address so I can post to you the form that needs to be completed and signed to comply with a change in UK law regarding data protection.
Along with the form I’ll include the pin.

Hope this all makes sense!!

Bill

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need help
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 06:32:49 PM »
Hi Olvar,

I can confirm that it is genuine. In the UK, the Data Protection Rules are changing on the 25th May 2018, and as such we have to ensure that each member completes an authorization form that complies with the changes and that any information we send you, or how we make contact with you is with your permission.

Members at the club meeting were given forms to complete and return, and any that were absent or could not attend such as yourself would have the form posted out to be completed and returned for our records.

Also we now have a Club Lapel Badge which is being sent to each Club Member free.

If you contact Bill (Meremodeller) direct via the Private Message section,he will sort it out, but if you feel happier liaising with me on the matter I am happy for you to contact me via the Private Message section.

Cheers,
Bigkev 
I hope my next is always better

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 08:29:47 AM »
Hi Oli its MSea -- before you ask yes we are all strange in the UK, --- but its not a scam e-mail and we have all had to fill in forms for everything we do on line for the new change in the law.
What are you working on at the moment - I liked Odins Head.
MSea

OLVAR

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 10:14:40 AM »
Ahh i hope i understand.
I give my adress to Bill?

I drawn at an PT-Boat at time...........no, not the 109 i drawn at the 810  ;D