Author Topic: Re-introduction...  (Read 1165 times)

Pen-Pusher

Re-introduction...
« on: February 01, 2018, 10:11:38 AM »
With Airfix announcing the re-introduction of its excellent Martin Marauder I decided to drag one from the stash. A couple of weeks work and I'm quite pleased with the result. Members might be interested to know this model was brush-painted with paints from the Alclad II enamel range (Except for yellow band and wheels). As you know these paints are designed for airbrushing but with multiple thin coats, they brush on quite nicely. I may be able to announce some new products from this company at the forthcoming workshop some of you are attending?

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: Re-introduction...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 12:10:30 PM »
Looks nice Ian, I used some of the Alclad dunkelgalb and it airbrushed a treat, it is smellier however and being enamel based I probably will not be using it again.
I did brush paint with some and found it ok to use too.
Grumpy by name and nature

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 04:02:07 PM »
I understand Alclad will be introducing a 'brush' range sometime this year. Like you i do prefer the Vallejo (type) acrylic but this was an interesting paint experience!

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 07:07:41 PM »
Hi Pen-Pusher,
I like the B-26 Marauder too.
It was a great kit to build, never tried the Alclad paints, it is nice to hear your experiences with the paint.
Sounds like it is worth trying at some stage.
Am I right that the next re-issue of the B-26 Marauder comes with markings for the 'Big Hairy Bird'?
Cheers,
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 11:50:18 AM »
As I understand it...? ;)