Author Topic: Canberra down South  (Read 6768 times)

Pen-Pusher

Re: Canberra down South
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 03:56:13 PM »
Progressing the Argentine Air Force Canberra I have to decide on configuration and weapon load. Most published photos of the FAA Canberra show them without the familiar wing tanks although we know they were used. 1000lb bombs were also carried on wing-tip and under-wing pylons were used for bombs and/or rocket pods, with six 1000 pounders in the bomb bay... so I guess the choice in mine?

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 12:02:34 PM »
The (Airfix) FAA Canberra is almost ready for painting. All the seams and joins were cleaned up with little effort but now I have to decide on which particular a/c to build? As you can see, I have decals for B-101 and B-102 and await further info on the roles and operational 'fit' for these before choosing!

FAA Canberra aircraft had a few unique weapon loads including recon-pods converted from A4 Skyhawk fuel tanks, so a bit of scratch building might be ahead?

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 09:20:18 PM »
Painting up...

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 10:32:01 PM »
Bombs loaded but now I have to tackle the lack of detail in those wheel wells..? I did purchase a resin conversion set but to my dismay found this was designed for the Frog PR version. Nevertheless, I was able to take some measurements and cut 'walls' from thin plasticard which I will fix in before too long.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:34:06 PM by Pen-Pusher »

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 09:49:09 PM »
Hi Pen-Pusher,
Nice to see some 'real' modelling skills there.
Must get myself back to the bench.............
Cheers,
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 09:54:30 AM »
My Argentinian Canberra progresses. Hopefully, I can get the last ejector seat in and the canopy and cockpit door fitted today. I also have to 'manufacture' a recon pod and the navigation lights I will leave to last.

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 09:04:57 PM »
Working on the crew door for the Canberra you realize just how thick it is - and how much paring down it's going to need before placing it in the 'open' position.

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 09:05:50 PM »
A temporary fit of the canopy and bomb aimers perspex but am quite pleased with door.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 05:58:53 AM »
Hi Pen Pusher,
that looks a nice Canberra. You are right to be pleased with door, it looks much more refined after you've fettled it.
Cheers,
Bigkev

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 09:24:42 PM »
Just for you BigKev...

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2018, 08:08:44 PM »
Hi Pen-Pusher,
Thanks for the finished item, it certainly looks the part...............
Cheers,
Bigkev

bridlufc

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2018, 09:18:44 PM »
I like the look of this one penpusher, I suppose I am going to have to add one to my ever growing stash now!!

Bridlufc