Author Topic: Tamiya Hanomag  (Read 4497 times)

otherworld79

Tamiya Hanomag
« on: July 02, 2017, 11:03:38 PM »
A few pictures of my 1/35 Tamiya Hanomag. All built out of the box including the figures. I wasn't going to turn it into a diorama but it fit so well on the base I'd originally made for my 6x6 cougar that I pressed on and this is the result. A couple of the pictures are after I had a play around with the photo software on my phone.

Kiteman

Re: Tamiya Hanomag
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 03:40:41 PM »
Nice little diorama is that, and I do like the black and white shot!! Well done.

otherworld79

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 12:20:00 AM »
Thanks  :)

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 05:01:29 PM »
Hi Otherworld,
Like the way you have played with the diorama shots, it really adds a new dimension to its portrayal.

I think though the aircraft in the background are not correct for a theatre of war the Hanomag was deployed..........................

On inspection, they seem to be F4U Corsairs and SB2 Helldivers of the pacific theatre.

Sorry if I seem to nit pick, but only want you to be aware of selecting 'right' background for the subject. Love the idea though.
Cheers,
Bigkev 
I hope my next is always better

otherworld79

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 06:33:58 PM »
Thanks Kev. They are F4s the full picture is a naval scene if I'd have searched a bit longer I'm sure I could have found a few more appropriate aircraft, I just liked the way they where in silhouette and roughly the right size for the foreground. If you have any info on what aircraft would have been in the air it might help my search and I can have another play around with the image.It was just a bit of a play around and I've posted the pic on a few Facebook pages so far no one noticed they where carrier based aircraft. You may call it nit picking I instead will say thank you for taking the time to take in the full image a noticing what others didn't 😊😊😊🖒🖒🖒

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »
Hi Otherworld,

Thanks for being so understanding. I would say that a shot that has Mustangs, P-47's, Typhoon's, or Sturmovik's would be in keeping with the Hanomag. They were the main aircraft predator's of German AFV's at the end of the war.

I really DO like the compilation of the model with a background.

So well done, my friend!

Cheers,
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

otherworld79

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 10:29:46 PM »
Cheers Kev, I'll have another search armed with that info and see what I can come up with 🖒🖒🖒

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 12:43:34 PM »
That's grand is that.  You'll have to share the secret of that hedge along the side, it's ever so!

otherworld79

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 12:07:05 PM »
The small light green hedge I bought from 53a on Hessle road (next door to Windsor shoes) they have a whole range of them, the larger bushy clump on the opposite side is woodland scenics tufts over a mound of clay. The base it's on was originally for my mrap vehicle but that for better. The churned up mud effect is oil paint pretty much plastered on with a flat brush then darker Vallejo acrylic paint pooled onto the wet oils and mixed through, the tyre tracks where pressed into the clay and dried rather than the paint so as to keep there definition.

Wizzel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 03:27:11 PM »
Aha, much obliged.  I've been in 53a before but wasn't that taken with the customer service.  I think the thing there is not to let on that it's not for railway modelling as they only reluctantly seemed to be willing to do just enough.  Must be summat in the water with them model shops on Hessle Road!

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 04:45:23 PM »
John Turner is known in the model railway world for his customer service!
Grumpy by name and nature

Wizzel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 07:41:03 PM »
John Turner is known in the model railway world for his customer service!
It was a woman in the shop when I went in.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 07:48:57 AM »
That will be his wife, I believe they no longer live together but both work in the shop.
Grumpy by name and nature

otherworld79

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 11:05:37 AM »
John's great to deal with I've all ways found his wife a bit off, she usually picks up a bit if you make a fuss of the dog. That being said they certainly know their stuff and if they don't have what your looking for they will point you in the right direction or try and get it in for you.

Wizzel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 05:58:31 PM »
Good to know.  I wasn't quite sure whether Zak was being sarcastic when he said John had a reputation!