Author Topic: Havixbeck Model Club  (Read 18344 times)

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Havixbeck Model Club
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2015, 07:38:22 PM »
It's on my list of 'to do's'

But a lot going on at moment.

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

OLVAR

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2015, 10:02:46 AM »
Here is the news report of our meetings in Havixbeck.
I am the third from the left

Go to here, on site two:   http://www.stadtanzeiger-coesfeld.de/39d441cf59f2c62af6a50e725adcd008/?tx_news_pi1

and then on:

"Kleine Dinge sind großes Thema"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:07:48 AM by OLVAR »

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2015, 09:52:26 AM »
Wow, a link to the whole paper, thanks Oli.  If you want to see the article, it is on page 2 (click on "2" at the top) then look for the picture that you've now seen in the newsletter - 8th picture down.

As a point on interest, if you click on "BAUMBERGE" on the left hand side of the big picture on the front page, the little castle is where Terry and Doro got married!

Kiteman

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2015, 06:28:05 AM »
So, we celebrated our 1st Birthday on tuesday. Our first year as a club has been splendid and when one considers that I just tried to make contact with one or two people for a get together now and then, I think that we can be proud to have a thriving club with 17 members, monthly meetings, a whats app modelbuilding forum, and loadsa fun. Our members these days range from 10 years old up to 74 years old with some bloody good modelmakers in there. I find it refreshing that we have such young people active in our Club, and that we are not just a club of old farts (me included) that stick plastic together. We are now contemplating putting on a small exhibition of our Club and models at the local Havixbeck Spring Fair next year. Not a patch on the Brid show but a chance to publicly show off our interest.
So one year gone with hopefully many more to come,
Here are a couple of piccies of models on the table, (not many I´m afraid because everybody brought cakes for the birthday celebrations and not models.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2015, 07:05:15 AM »
Hi Kiteman,

Nice looking models

Congratulations on your first Birthday!!

Bigkev

Kiteman

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2016, 04:48:14 PM »
So ...hello, and after a very long pause I am back.
To cut a Long Story short, I have made some pretty big alterations to the house, have been very busy workwise and had virtually no time for modelling compunded with the fact that the modelling room has been out of action during the build phase on the house. But, all done now, modelling room back in one piece and time to get cracking again...and I am looking forward to it.
In the meantime we (the Havixbeck Model Club) have for the first time showed our models in public at our local spring fair with a make and take sponsored from Revell. That event went well, Wizzel was there so he can fill you all in on the details if you are interested.
We will be working together with a local historian over the next couple of years at least providing Dioramas for his public presentations of local events during WW2. We had a Flac Station, a V1 launching Station (still here in the woods) and some considerable action over and in Havixbeck so plenty to model and learn about about the area where I live....all good stuff.
At the end of this month we as a club are visiting Revell in Bunde for a day out including shop till you drop at ridiculous prices...I am looking forward to that!
In September we have a Joint Project with a proffessional photographer for a culture weekend in a nearby town. He wants to photograph our models and then set them in a realistic setting under the theme of "minature reality" The photos will be projected onto buildings in the town and in his Studio the public can see the models for real on display and see modelling taking place. In Addition to that we will have a static Display of some of the stages invoved in building a model, and for that we have several models in 1:48 kindly provided by Revell (our best friends) at no cost to us.

So lots going on for the little Club that we are, and lots of different things other that just putting your models on a table and letting people look at them.

I will be posting my future builds in the forum and look forward to the good old retoric and abuse that I am used to.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2016, 05:54:00 PM »
Wow, busy, busy busy.
Your little club seems to have generated a lot of interest.
Great stuff and well done.

Long time no post.
Grumpy by name and nature

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2016, 07:14:06 PM »
Hi Kiteman,

Great to have you back, and the guys at Havixbeck Model Club.
Sounds like you've had a lot on.
Look forward to hearing about all those interesting items in due course.
Nice to see you posting again.................................'The Family' is now complete once more.
Bigkev

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2016, 09:10:03 PM »
Welcome back.
Haddock.

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2016, 09:45:17 AM »
Good to see you back on here, Herr Kiteman, and looking forward to seeing updates on your latest projects.  It's good to hear you're back at the bench.

Kiteman

« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2016, 08:04:10 AM »
Cheers guys!
We have an interesting and different project on the go at the mo.....On 24th Sep there will be a "Night of culture" in a town nearby and we have been invited to take part in this event together with a local proffesional photographer. The event officially begins at 6 o clock (18:00 Hrs) and runs until about midnight. The whole of the pedestrian zone will be filled with singers, dancers, artists, poem readers, and all sorts of gubbins to do with art and culture. So what have we to do with all this. Well.....a photographer has been taking pictures of our models over the last few weeks and these photos are being embedded into a presentation entitled "Reality in Minature" (very arty if you ask me). This presentation of our models and the phototgraphers handy work will be projected onto the side of a building for all to see.(30 feet high) Simultaneously and at the same time we (the model Club) will be in the photosStudio with a static display fo the photographed models so that people can be astounded at the real size of the models. A display of model building will be going on and a display of airbrush techniques  will be given from one of our members. A make and take has been sponsored once again from Revell so people can also have a go. It is something different and should turn out to be a fun filled evening if................the weather is good!

Roger

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2016, 03:05:00 PM »
Sounds like a fun event.  I think I'd have nightmares at the thought of my work being blown up that big - honestly it looks a lot better in a really really small photo!
Good luck with the event

Roger

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2016, 04:23:06 PM »
Good to see you back with the rest of OUR group.
Your group seems to be going from strength to strength.
MSea