Author Topic: Hood-winked!  (Read 3447 times)

Pen-Pusher

Hood-winked!
« on: February 20, 2016, 05:40:37 PM »
I found this Trumpeter 1/350 HMS Hood in a charity shop...that was in 2007. Bits had been badly glued together, the deck was broken and obviously someone had tackled a project that was a bit ambitious... (he says mindful of the years gone since then?) I stripped it down and started again from scratch. I've had it on and off my modelling table since; but now I reckon it's time to finish it as best I can. Oh no, just discovered the PE railings etc., are missing....

(By current performance, next posting will probably be in another nine years....?)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pen-Pusher

Re: Hood-winked!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 11:06:25 AM »
Coming on...

Haddock

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 01:24:58 PM »
Flippin eck, that was quick, nearly done.

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 07:20:55 PM »
Couple more turrets, sea and it'll be ready to go by the looks!

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 10:21:10 AM »
On the never-ending build of my second-had Trumpeter HMS Hood, I notice in all the photographs of the venerable ship, the lifeboats are covered with tarpaulins and not open as in the kit. I've tried to replicate this by using my home made 'gunk' applied liberally and I think it will do after a coat of paint. Question, what colour would the tarps be?

Wizzel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 11:51:53 AM »
http://www.hmshood.com/ship/hoodspecs1.htm

I imagine you've tried these already?  But if not, they may be of help...

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 03:36:54 PM »
 :)

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 09:16:45 AM »
#Getting there! Hull (ship not town) tonight and hopefully start masts and rigging over weekend...(Don't expect too much!!)

Haddock

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 07:58:59 AM »
Looks very clean.
Haddock.

Wizzel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 11:14:59 AM »
#Getting there! Hull (ship not town) tonight and hopefully start masts and rigging over weekend...(Don't expect too much!!)

The lack of "Kingston Upon" gave it away and it's a city anyhow, not a town...but as they're gearing up for city of culture, the likes of you and I probably wouldn't be welcome at the minute.  Just as well you're not hitting the town anyway if you're getting involved in rigging.  It's coming on nicely  :)

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 04:10:28 PM »
Completion of my ?0th successful orbit of the sun was yesterday. Celebrations have been reluctantly brought to a close and work recommencing soonest to ensure timeous conclusion...?

Pen-Pusher

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 07:54:20 PM »
Some months ago my five-year 'fits 'n' starts' project was said to be finished!! Not so. I decided that as she is now going to a new home and will be proudly displayed on a good friend's library shelves, she better have some rigging - not the full shilling's worth, that's way beyond me - but enough to make a difference....of sorts? Oh yes, Haddock - not too clean now!!