Author Topic: Website  (Read 1681 times)

Pen-Pusher

Website
« on: May 12, 2016, 10:45:10 AM »
Good meeting of club members last evening with the usual display of some excellent models. Well done everyone for the competition that was or wasn’t – I’m still confused!
Also enjoyed the MSea Productions (that lad will go far!) presentation on colours and our perceptions thereof? I personally think it would be a good idea for people to post their suggested colours for all those everyday questions that arise on (e.g.) roadways, sea or water surfaces, RUST, burnt or weathered metals and everything else that keeps us awake during the wee small hours? I doubt if there is scope to do a dedicated section or, that we might maintain the momentum once we did? I would however like to see many more comments on techniques used to ‘achieve’ finishes/colours or reasons why such finishes/colours have been chosen in the first place. Dissemination of information is always welcome! I remember a certain sea-faring gentleman doing an excellent presentation on water (or was he just ‘making waves’) which would I am sure be welcomed as an article on our page?
One thing does strike me is that so few of us actually use or even visit the website and that is maybe something else we need to address. One idea ‘may’ be to direct members on a particular item of interest in the new newsletter - to the ‘full report’ as published on the website? I personally would like to spend more time putting my views or articles up there to be shot down in flames but I also recognise the current website community favours certain periods for modelling subjects and despite the much applauded efforts of others, these do tend to take some precedent?
So what is the purpose of the website some might ask? At the moment the sub-titled sections cover a wide enough spectrum to accommodate most opinions, modelling articles, requests for help and even the odd storyline though if I had any criticism it would be the tendency of a few to over-use it for one-liners!!! (You know who you are!!) I could point to one ‘article’ where in five pages of comments only ONE in SEVEN relate directly to the MODELLING subject but as they say in all the best TV productions ‘the names and places have been changed to protect the innocent’….!
So there we are, a newbie’s view on the website as it is and how we might attract more into using its potential for the benefit of all. I’m sure you all have better ideas so let’s have them now while the iron is hot!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:55:11 AM by Pen-Pusher »

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
Re: Website
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 08:04:45 AM »
This is a good one liner -- "Hello Pen-Pusher"
MSea

Pen-Pusher

Re: Website
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »
Thanks for that MSea. I'm not adverse to one-liners in fact remember probably the best from a John Wayne film called War Wagon after he and his partner shoot two bad guys at once:

Partner: "Mine hit the ground first!"

John Wayne: "Mine's horse was taller."