Author Topic: CANCELLED East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show 2022 CANCELLED.  (Read 1315 times)

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Everybody,

I am pleased to announce that IPMS Bridlington and Wolds Scale Model Club, will be holding their tenth East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show, on Sunday the 4th September 2022.

The show is currently at an advanced stage of planning.

The Show will be held in the Rix Pavilion, Driffield Showground, Kelleythorpe, Driffield, East Yorkshire, YO25 9DN

The show will be open from 09.30am to 4.00pm
Admission price £3.50, with children up to 15yrs free if accompanied by a paying adult.
There will be a variety of Clubs and Special Interest Groups in attendance.
Also we have a variety of Traders selling associated modelling products, from kits, books, decals, accessories, etc.
There will be an informal model competition, whereby every model on display will be eligible into various classes. (there is no separate competition area)
Hot and cold refreshments will be available.
A charity sale of made and unmade kits, modelling associated items, with proceeds going in support of Yorkshire Air Ambulance.
There is ample free parking on site.

A list of attending Traders, Clubs and Special Interest Groups will be posted soon.

Thanks,
Kevin
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 10:16:14 AM by Bigkev »
I hope my next is always better

GR.1

• I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    • View Profile
Re: East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 08:37:35 PM »
Fantabulous! Any Gluten free grub???  ;D

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 07:35:21 AM »
Fantabulous! Any Gluten free grub???  ;D
Bring your own Chris - and beer as well.
Grumpy by name and nature

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 07:37:21 PM »
Excellent.  Have we booked the weather too?

I look forward to all our shows but in the interest of fairness, I'll try not to be too excited about this one just because it has a zero at the end of the anniversary year!

In all seriousness though, having that zero will give us a good lever for some great publicity - we should milk this for all we can.  That and it being the first post-apocalypse show too!

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 08:34:23 PM »
Hi All,
just an update to 'Our Show'.
We have now decided on our informal competition theme for this years show.

It is Falklands 1982.

This means we will have a separate trophy for any model, in any Genre (Aircraft, Vehicles, Ships, Figures, Diorama's, etc.) that fits into this theme. To assist judging, we will have some special markers to place alongside any model that an entrant wishes to be considered.

Thanks,
Kevin   

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CANCELLED East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show 2022 CANCELLED.
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 10:31:44 AM »
Hi All,

It is with deep regret that the club has decided to cancel this years East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show 2022, it is a decision that has not been taken lightly.

Due to a number of Parties who had initially expressed interest in attending, but have sadly decided now to not attend due to health and financial reasons, made the show financially unviable for the club to continue to run.

All monies paid by those Traders who were still attending will be refunded in full, similarly any Club/SIG who had paid for additional wristbands will refunded in full.

We are extremely grateful for the support we have received from Club's/Sig's and Traders over the past years, and from the modelling family who have come along to the shows.

We hope you all understand that the decision to cancel was not taken lightly, and we waited until the last possible moment to cancel without being liable for the full cost of venue/equipment/table hire. 

A sad day for the Club.

Kevin
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 11:11:24 AM by Bigkev »

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: CANCELLED East Riding of Yorkshire Model Show 2022 CANCELLED.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 11:00:44 AM »
Yes, a sad day, but we were left with little real choice.
Thanks for all your work.
Grumpy by name and nature