Author Topic: Bigkev's W.I.P No.6 Revell BAC/Aerospatiale Concorde 1/144th British Airways  (Read 32427 times)

Kiteman

I really do admire your attention to Detail.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi All,
Just like to show you that the wings are now attached. I had a little difficulty getting it all lined up all in one go. So I resorted to doing it in two stages.
Firstly I glued the undersides at the front and rear. I found a small gap at the front, which I partially filled with a slice of plasticard.
As you can see there is a small gap either side to be dealt with when all dried. When front and back were dry I turned my attention to the top joins. These were very good, just some tape needed to hold them in place whilst the glue dries (in this case Tamiya Thin Liquid Glue)
I also used 4 Berna clamps to hold the joins level. These are brilliant, and I thank Haddock for bringing them to my attention. I recommend them to everybody.
The engine parts have been sprayed Tamiya Gloss Black, in readiness for Alclad II silvers.
Next job is to fill the gaps with Green Stuff and Super Glue/Talc and to attach the nose pitot and fair that in again Superglue/Talc.
Pictures of progress attached.
Bigkev

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:10:36 PM by Bigkev »
I hope my next is always better

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Ever the perfectionist.
Your builds are a real credit to you.
Grumpy by name and nature

Kiteman

ditto!

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi All,
Well the gaps have been filled and the nose pitot attached. I used my superglue/talc mix for this and you can see if you look carefully the mix is semi opaque, however I did knock it off twice due to being clumsy, needed repairs on each occasion. Now it is secure and I'll be a bit more careful.
I found a small area on the underside of the wing leading edge that had not cleaned up properly due to the wing flexing. So I ran some thin superglue into the joint, applied accelerator, then my superglue talc mix as a filler. I have protected the surrounding areas with tape, and used a clamp to hold the wing in place whilst it all sets. I will tackle the rubbing down tonight.
I have plumbed in the wheel bays, with assorted strip and rod, just to make them look busy.
Next job is to attach the elevons fairings on the wing underside, paint up the inside of the nacelles, undercarriage legs, wheels.
Until next time.
Bigkev

zak

• View Profile
Like you I find those clamps suggested by Tony B very useful.

Kiteman

I like the look of those clamps......where can I get some?

zak

• View Profile
I like the look of those clamps......where can I get some?
We all bought then on offer from Hobbycraft, I cannot remember their name?

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Zak/Kiteman,
They are 'BERNA' clamps.
They are quite common, though Hobbycraft had them at half price at the time...........................Think we're tight Yorkshireman???
Kiteman if you want I will look out for some at Huddersfield.
Bigkev 

Kiteman

That would be great. If you see them pick me some up please. Naturally I will re-emburse you. Is it true that Yorkshiremen have deep pockets and short arms?

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Kiteman,
Being in Germany you probably don't come up against the likes of Wizzel and his club mates.
We are like Chimpanzee's but in reverse, yes Short Arms and Deep or sown up pockets!
We are though a friendly bunch, and this usually overcome
this shortcoming, especially if you corner us in the bar!
Bigkev

Kiteman

Being from next door myself (Lancashire) I know what you mean.

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
Get a list to me and I'll put a red cross parcel together. 

zak

• View Profile
Is that relief for those in need?

Kiteman

Who ? Lancastrians or Germans?