Author Topic: Master Modeller.  (Read 4178 times)

Haddock

Master Modeller.
« on: November 27, 2014, 12:50:45 PM »
Not being a competitive sort of a bloke I'm not really into trophies but I wonder whether yet another club trophy would be appropriate. Rules could be that you enter everything you've completed in a twelve month period and it has to be everything, not just your best work. Genre doesn't matter but as usual, all your own work.
Could be called "Master Modeller of the year". Voted for by club members or invited judges, not at our show. Just a thought.
Haddock.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: Master Modeller.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 01:16:06 PM »
Quantity or quality?
Maybe both.
Grumpy by name and nature

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 08:52:40 PM »
Hi Haddock,

Not a bad idea, perhaps we should air it at the next meeting. If general consensus is to go with it, why not start it from Jan2015 and award trophy at December meeting 2015??

Just another thought??

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

Kiteman

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 11:10:39 PM »
Does that mean that I have to come across in december with a box full of my years models? ;)

Haddock

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 11:32:03 PM »
You would be made very welcome.

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 07:38:32 AM »
It is just a thought but even more competitions?
Do we have a room big enough?
When I look at the World War 1 stuff I have built since Huddersfield last year I could fill a couple of tables.

Haddock

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 09:25:06 AM »
You've taken the words out of my mouth. I reckon we would need twelve tables and you would have to hire a white van to bring all your stuff. I need to learn to keep my gob shut.
Haddock.
Still,it was only a thought,not a proposal.

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 10:29:17 AM »
No, I do actually like the idea, but it may be one more chore for the club, keep thinking about it.

If you look at my thread on WW1 modelling, It was started on March 1st this year. Wow, I really have done a lot of modelling this year.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 10:31:11 AM by zak »

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 09:26:56 PM »
Hi Guys,

The idea is a good one, but we need to refine it into something that is more practicable.

As a suggestion, why not decide to put forward ONE of your models built in the last year, rather than all models made.
This way the modeller can themselves choose what they think is their best effort that year, and then it will be judged alongside models of other members, using the same formula.

Just a thought chaps.

Bigkev

Anybody have other suggestions to throw into the hat?

msea

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 09:30:33 PM »
Silly question but how about just a photo of the model not the model - saves a lot of trouble bringing in about 50 models for Dave and 2 for me. We would have seen most of the models in the flesh over the year at club meetings ( Bills model would definitely have been seen in the flesh)

Kiteman

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 07:09:55 AM »
I like the idea of photos, wether or not my work could be included is up to you guys, having not seen it "in the flesh"

Kiteman

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 07:15:12 AM »
...or why not develop it into a model photo competition? With a prize for the winners and perhaps the top 12 being integrated into the BWSMC calender fo the following year, which members could buy (to order) and put a couple of pennies in the club funds! Just food for thought

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 07:47:24 AM »
Nice ideas.
I somehow get the impression was to get away from your best model, your yearly build would be looked at and judged, the photos are a start.
keep they brain cells moving.

Kiteman

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 08:29:49 AM »
....not neccessarily the best model but the best photo. Some models are more "photogenic" than others and may not be the best model that one has build. If the competition was inn the summer the calenders could be flogged at the show in September. Competition to Cross and Cockade!

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 06:23:00 PM »
Hi All,

Isn't it great to have such great input on this idea?

Photo's of models?, I had not even considered it until now, Kiteman you deserve a 'thumbs up' for that.

More thought and detail will be needed but, hey its great to think that such an initial suggestion by Haddock can be the catalyst to something totally different and unique.

Bigkev