Author Topic: Havixbeck Model Club  (Read 18464 times)

Kiteman

Havixbeck Model Club
« on: October 26, 2014, 12:22:05 PM »
As you guys now know I have managed to get a model club off the ground over here. The Germans are sticklers for rules and regulations and order and apply this to their "Vereins" clubs with loadsa unneccesary Regulation that actually puts most people off. I am a motorcycle rider but do not go to german bike meets because of this mentality. At a meeting there will always be the racer group( Huyabusa, Fireblade etc.), the chopper group (everything with loadsa chrome except Harley Davidson, the Harley group (only Harleys), the Goldwing group and so on and so on and never the twain shall meet. The arrogant swines dont even talk to each other. At one meet I saw a particularly well customised Bandit and was asking the owner a few questions. He asked me what I ride and when I told him a Kawasaki VN 1500, he just turned and walked away. What an ignorant t§%t.
So back to the model club bevor I get too emotional. We are now 12 strong and have our first meeting behind us and I would like to share the variety of models found on our "Tisch" (table).
Our next Meeting is on Tue 28 Oct and one of our number, a nice policewoman called Anne, who can do extraordinary things with an airbrush (no head video please), is giving us a tutorial on airbrushing techniques. I am particularly looking forward to this as I own an airbrush but can`t seem to get along with it.
So heres a few impressions for ya.

[attachment deleted by admin]

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: Havixbeck Model Club
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 04:28:35 PM »
Stick with it and blow the rules,
You must be pleased to have a club up and running.
Nice selection of models as well.
Maybe we need to think about twinning clubs?

On a different tack.
I got rid of my Triumph Thruxton last year - just didn't ride it enough.
It is a bit sad after a lifetime of biking, but I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would.
Grumpy by name and nature

Kiteman

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 11:12:45 AM »
Thanks, yes I am pleased that the locals aren`t all collectors and some people do build, and want to share their hobby. The idea of twinning clubs isn`t half bad, maybe that would be a topic for your next meeting tonight, I will certainanly mention it at our meeting tommorow.
Thruxton eh! Nice!

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 06:41:33 AM »
Hi Kiteman,

Yes, I agree with Zak.

We will certainly discuss it at our next meeting (3rd November) and we will take it from there.

Bigkev   
I hope my next is always better

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 06:21:16 PM »
I don't care much for Germans! Bunch of Krauts that's what they are, all of 'em.  Bad eggs!

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 08:44:38 PM »
Hi Wizzel,

Tut, tut. Not very PC, I am sure we can all get along fine.

Remember there is good and bad on all sides.

Look at me, the bad boy of the club!

Bigkev

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 08:51:43 AM »
You're not a Fawlty Towers fan then Kev?

That was a quote from that old buffer The Major not me :-)

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 11:20:58 AM »
Its a bit like the Romans then?
What did they ever do for us?

Kiteman

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »
you see wizzel, ist all your fault, you started it!
What a splendid meeting we had last night, the atmosphere was bubbly and two members were there that could not make it last time, Jan  and...wait for it.......Bernd Koch ! Wizzel you can laugh now but dont let him catch you he is well over 6 foot and build like a brick shithouse.
We recieved a fantastic little lecture on airbrush techniques that has managed to bring to getting along with my airbrushd that I have never really used. So well done Anne for that!
The Club members are very interested in what I post about the club in this Forum and are keen to here your(the club) replies, and the idea of some affillition between us was positively received.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 08:37:48 PM »
Hi Kiteman,

Yes, I'll admit I'm lost on Dave M's Fawlty Tower reference. Too much a sheltered existence I think, perhaps modelling is at fault!!

Glad you had a good meeting, and that perhaps a possible twinning is a possibility.

Cheers,

Bigkev

Kiteman

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »
We had our meeting last night, and a jolly interesting one it was. Apart from practical demonstrations of tips and tricks from Bernd Koch (pronounced Burnt Cock) we had a great discussion over the problem with displaying swastikas on models over here. (it is actually illegal by the way). The WW2 fans amongst us are really very put out that they are not allowed to display any NS insignia on any of there models. I pointed out that I have a Focke Wolf with swastikas on it........ooooooh! "be carefull" they said "don`t let anyone see it"  Sad isn`t it.
Apart from that, two of the members recognised my little submarine diorama (see Model Blog, something for the weekend) as Submarine 995 in Laboe without any prompting. Marvelous! I take that as a compliment.
So heres a couple of snaps of other peoples models.

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 05:59:07 PM »
 :)
Sounds like you have a nice group of fellow enthusiasts.

Haddock

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 04:46:24 PM »
Like the ship, is it a kit or scratch-built?
Haddock.
If it's wood, is it tree wood?

Kiteman

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 03:16:36 PM »
The ship is made of tree wood, ist a kit and is being build by our sole female member. She`s doing a good Job of it too.

Kiteman

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 06:14:22 PM »
Well we had another Meeting on tuesday. 10 members were present and we have 3 new members bringing our total up to 14. Our youngest member, just joined, is a mere 15 years old and we are all pleased to have a bit of "young blood" in the camp. Our 21 year old member is no longer the junior.
We had a cracking meeting with a vibrant atmosphere. A test and demo was done on.......you guessed it, squadron green putty which went down a treat with orders being placed for the stuff!!!!! I did a demo on how I do my sea Dioramas (watch out Tony, I am coming!) and as usual lots of coffee was drunk.
Aparently It is obvious in my model making that I am British because I am the only person that they know of that uses Humbrol products....Germans don!t you see!
Anyway here, as usual, is an Impression of what our lot achieve. (the cars from Stefan are absolutely superb by the way)