[Hide Attachments]
DSCF5673.JPG 92-2.jpg k12mpl2312.jpg P1030805.JPG

Models > Modelling Projects

Ku.Fl.Gr. 406

(1/3) > >>

cph64:
Kustenfliegergruppe 406, Coastal Aviation Group 406, was formed in April and July 1937 and went through several designations before 1/Ku.Fl.Gr. 406 reformed from 2/Ku.Fl.Gr. 506 on 22.10.39, disbanding in 10.44 at Hommelvik, Norway. 2/406 is listed as forming in 1937 before becoming 3/SAGr 130, Sea Reconnaisance Group 130, on 13.7.43. The latter being the inspiration for this 'Gruppe' build.
My Supermodel kit of the Bv 138 used by 2/406 dates from 1983 and has markings for an aircraft in March 1942 when it was based in Trondheim. Coming in an open ending tray box with painting and marking options on the back and build instructions giving the history in four languages it includes four grey sprues of plastice plus one clear and the decals. I did some initial work on this kit several years back and at that time was going to build the mine de-gauzing option but as I now have a He 115 in my stash as used by 1/406 that plan got shelved. The decals applied to the radios and console at that time had started to curl so had to be held back with superglue. This was followed by repainting the darkened painted parts Humbrol RLM 02.

MSea:
Another wiered one Chris - GREAT

Bigkev:
Aha, the flying clog takes to the bench.
Always found this an interesting aircraft. Will be watching with interest.
Kevin

chriswil42:
Another interesting aircraft Chris.

cph64:
Yes Martin it's a(nother) weird one. The hull shape betrays Blohm un Voss' origins as shipbuilders so does it count in your book? Officially named 'Seedrache' (Sea dragon) it was called by the less flattering name of 'Der Fliegender Holzsch' (The Flying Clog) as you so rightly point out Kev.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version