Author Topic: Sea Harrier FRS.1  (Read 1727 times)

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: Sea Harrier FRS.1
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2024, 01:54:14 PM »
No Kevin I just sit with them on club nights - hohohhohoho

Can't argue with that..........
One could take deep offense at that implication.
Grumpy by name and nature

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2024, 01:29:57 PM »
The decals aren't up to Cartograph standard and needed to be cut as close as possible due to the thick carrier film. It took several attempts to get some of them to lay as they should with a blade needed so the underwing roundels would follow the curves. Like Chris I decided not to fit all the stencils mainly due to the fact they're black on ESDG so aren't really visible. The wing tanks and AIMs have been fitted, with decals for the latter coming from spares as the sheet ones refused to bend and then shattered!! The canopy parts are held in place with Glue and Glaze. The white seal around the main part is missing as I can't find the pen I use for such, doh!!!! A new pitot has been fashioned from Evergreen strip and the last small items have been fitted.
The biggest fault with this kit is that the top four intake doors are moulded closed whereas they fall open due to gravity once the engine is switched off only closing on powering up. To rectify this would have taken mega work as the plastic is so thick on the intakes plus life's too short and there's lots more kits to build. I managed to take the photos outside today in what would probably have been the same conditions as the Falklands? (Apart from the greenhouse in the background!!!)

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2024, 02:49:41 PM »
Looks good Chris.
Chris

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2024, 03:55:23 PM »
Nicely done Chris.
I thought your pet Penguin might have made it into the picture shoot......Hohoho
Kevin
I hope my next is always better

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2024, 09:16:53 AM »
Greatmodel Chris - BUT I like the cold war bunker/revetment to protect the plane in the background - hohohho
MSea

Bob C

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2024, 06:34:48 PM »
Another great model Chris.

Bob c

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2024, 02:53:38 PM »
Thanks guys.