Author Topic: Work in Progress  (Read 1985 times)

bridlufc

Work in Progress
« on: January 30, 2013, 05:41:07 PM »
Hi all, at the moment I am working steadily away at the Revell 1/72 S100 Schnellboot and I have started the Revell 1/72 B1 Lancer, big kit by the way, and I bet the 1/48 is pretty impressive too! I have been asked to spray a body shell for a Tamiya 1/10 Racing Buggy as well. This came about because my airbrush compressor developed a leak which would be rather difficult to repair so I looked for alternatives. I resigned myself to be paying £50 or £60 for a new one and got talking to a new chap at work. I explained the problem with my compressor and it turned out he had bought a few compressors from a chap that was dealing in power tools. He explained that they were brand new worked perfectly but there was slight damage to the body of the compressor. It was a Draper with a 24 litre tank. Expecting to pay about £30 - £40 for it, so I snatched his hand off when he said you can have it for the price of a pint and can you do a spray job for me!!!
Lady Luck works in mysterious ways!!

Regards Tony

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Work in Progress
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 07:04:36 PM »
Hi Bridlufc,

Man, you got yourself the 'Real Deal' in that compressor. A pint and a spray job for that, I think your quids in mate.

Anyway onto spraying myself now, some nice white decal film for some canopy frames on another project for someone at work! Happy days...........................

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

driffowl

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 10:36:41 AM »
 ;) stopped work on the 1/72 truck,after struggling with the stupid tiny parts once too often,i think the medical term for what happened is Geoff  "lost it" ::) : and decided to start summat in a reasonable scale a 1/35th scale trumpeter SOVIET AEROSAN RF-B/GAZ-98.i solemly swear that i will do my best to actually finish this one  :o,can't guarantee i won't make my usual horlicks of it though lol :o

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 07:31:06 PM »
 Driffowl....................................

Would that be Ordanairy or Chocolate Horlicks??

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

bridlufc

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 09:59:42 PM »
 Hi Geoff, I've seen some of the aerosan model kits advertised on the internet and I have been rather intrigued by them. I am sure there are two versions but I am not sure who made the kits. I hope you are going to bring it to a future club meet even as work in progress

Regards Tony

driffowl

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 10:18:36 AM »
you are right there are 2 different ones coz i was looking at the other version in modelzone yesterday,speaking of there,i dont know if it is me or not but <excuse the pun here> it appears they are scaling down the amount of models they stock and are heading more towards the radio- controlled.....and die cast market :o

sill managed to pick up a bargain there though and there are a some good buys to be had of airfix model ships

driffowl

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 08:48:11 PM »
 :) hi all the aerosan is a TRUMPETER kit tony and its usually a full blown leaded horlicks kev ,lol :-[