Author Topic: keighley model show  (Read 968 times)

Bob C

• View Profile
keighley model show
« on: September 18, 2023, 02:08:38 PM »
After a scenic drive four club members attended the Keighley model show, Bob C, Chris W, Chris H and Kevin D. Francis and Graham also attended for other clubs/sigs.
Graham displayed an aircraft on our table and spent sometime with us.

It was a good show with a good spread of traders, only someone selling paints and tools missing, A good burger van was stationed just outside the main entrance.

Kevin was category winner for for his TWA Constellation.

Here are a couple of photos from a good day.

Bob c

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: keighley model show
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 02:28:59 PM »
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the show report and pictures.
Had a great day in good company. Seeing all those great models at the show has certainly given me some ideas for future projects.
Was able to see something on display that I am working on at the moment, so got a good feel about it could turn out.
Gaining the Trophy for the Civilian Aircraft class was very pleasing and certainly has helped my mojo.
As I said, great company with some friendly banter thrown in for good measure.
Now, who spent the most yesterday, I wonder............
Cheers,
Kevin
I hope my next is always better

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 08:54:20 PM »
Thanks for the photos and report Bob, yes I thought the only thing missing was a tool and paint stand. I'll echo Kev's comment on some great banter, as ever. Our stand and display attracted a good amount of interest with people stopping and chatting which was a great positive.
P.s. Chris W and myself came bottom in the league of who spent the most, both with zero purchases.

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 08:56:01 AM »
Thanks for the photos Bob. A good day. I had cash burning a hole in my pocket wanting some paints. But overall there were a lot of good models on display.
Chris