Author Topic: Nearly but not quite  (Read 1183 times)

cph64

• View Profile
Nearly but not quite
« on: December 29, 2021, 05:28:28 PM »
I hope Santa brought everyone something for modelling this Christmas, I had a blank for the first time in years but it was bracketed by two finds. The first was the Wednesday before Christmas when we were in Pockllington and Tracy wanted to go into the Barnado's Charity shop. On entering I saw the Airfix Spitfire Mk Ia starter set for £2.50 so that was quickly snatched up!!! The second was today in Pickering when I looked at some books outside a Second hand shop and saw a cover with a/c on it being protected from the rain. Looking closer it was ' In the Skies of Europe' Air forces allied to the Luftwaffe 1939-1945 priced at £5. So I thought 'Why not?', went inside to buy it and the owner said "£1", so I paid and left quickly, haha!! The original price is £25. It covers all the satellite air forces and volunteers, giving sections on each country, their formations, a/c and campaigns then the appendices cover 'Aces' and a/c production. There's also photos covering pilots and a/c from each country.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: Nearly but not quite
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 05:33:35 PM »
Cheap as chips.
Grumpy by name and nature

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 08:04:03 PM »
Will you be appearing on Bargain Hunt sometime....???
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 12:59:00 PM »
A real bargain.
Chris

Haddock

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 04:54:49 PM »
thats a good bookshop, I've had a few good books for around £2 each.
Haddock.