Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1535 times)

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« on: December 18, 2021, 01:09:41 PM »
Hi Chris, nice to have you as a member.
Now you can reveal all.
Grumpy by name and nature

GR.1

• I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    • View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 09:01:15 AM »
Morning everyone...

My name's Chris and I'm an alcoholic.... ooops!

My name's Chris and I'm a non-modelling modeller. By which I mean that I used to be/intend to be/am at heart a scale plastic modeller. I'm actually hoping that, now that I've been invited to join this motley crew... errr... august band, I will be inspired to actually build something. I am in fact very involved with the hobby but circumstances have dictated that it has been quite some time (understatement) since I completed anything. I've been a bit 'nomadic' since I left Bridlington at the age of 17 to join the air force and my most prolific bout of plastic-assembling was probably during my time in Stafford, as a member of the local IPMS Branch. I am currently lodged in a foreign country (just a few miles from Chester but in Wales) so attendance at Driffield meetings may be a bit of a stretch.

Having said that, I do count several Brid and Wolds members as good friends and I always enjoy the times that we DO spend together so you never know... I visit Brid (infrequently) and I will make an effort to coincide with a meeting. I had tentative plans to locate back to East Yorkshire at some point but, as my other half has become a doting 'nanny' during the pandemic, this now seems a remote possibility. Still, never say never...

I look forward to getting to know a few more of you and, in the meantime, trying to work out where I can find the space to build a few items from my 'stash' which, if any proof were needed of my credentials, is probably larger than most of you can possibly imagine!. Anyone fancy opening a shop???

Oh, subjects of interest are varied - mainly post-WWII to present day aviation. UK and European for preference but not carved in stone. In fact, one stalled project is a boat diorama! And I take photographs, partly for a living and partly for the pleasure.

That's me for now!

Hi Chris, nice to have you as a member.
Now you can reveal all.

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 09:38:25 AM »
Hi Chris - great to have you onboard,
I never thought of you as somebody who could operate a camera, but strange things have been known to take place, I have even found out which way to point the camera to get a photo myself- hohohho.  Think you should get on with the ship diorama and you could then join Haddock and myself on the "dark side"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 12:15:39 PM by MSea »
MSea

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 12:45:58 PM »
Hi Chris,
Great to have you on board.
Don't worry too much about getting something built for now. I am sure we will appreciate your comments on the other builds and you feel comfortable posting them.
As you know some of us already, you will understand that apart from the support of the members, there are some light hearted moments of banter.
All done in a friendly manner just like the club meetings.
Cheers Kev
I hope my next is always better

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 01:37:29 PM »
Hi Chris,
Great to have you on board.
Don't worry too much about getting something built for now. I am sure we will appreciate your comments on the other builds and you feel comfortable posting them.
As you know some of us already, you will understand that apart from the support of the members, there are some light hearted moments of banter.
All done in a friendly manner just like the club meetings.
Cheers Kev
Friendly?
You never know!

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 02:13:53 PM »
What is this concept "friendly" Kevin you seem to have lost me  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
MSea

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 03:18:12 PM »
Welcome aboard Chris.  I moved back to East Yorkshire four years ago and joined the club. That certainly got me building a lot more and to a higher standard than I did before. Hope you eventally put glue to plastic.
Chris

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 07:38:31 AM »
Welcome. from one who used to live "just across the road".
Haddock.

GR.1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 09:05:50 PM »
It's all gone quiet over there...! Yep - I must be honest and say that, as pleased as I was to be invited, I was at a bit of a loss to know what to post given that I'm not building.

Apparently that's not necessarily a requirement. So, if only for the sake of 'joining in' and proving that there's a modeller in here somewhere... here are a few I built earlier. Oddly enough, they're not particularly representative of my main areas of interest!

GR.1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2022, 09:20:15 PM »
A random selection

GR.1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2022, 09:31:18 PM »
Found a couple more......

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2022, 07:20:24 AM »
Well, so you have built the odd model, yes some are odd.
Nice to have a post from you.

MSea

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2022, 09:02:08 AM »
I like odd - normal is boring -- good to see some of your models Chris, looking forward to seeing more
MSea

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2022, 02:54:09 PM »
Nice models Chris. The S55 is magic. What can I say about the dr1?
Chris