Author Topic: Kamerad Pferd  (Read 1026 times)

cph64

• View Profile
Kamerad Pferd
« on: December 14, 2021, 10:29:38 AM »
One of the 'joys' of moving house is that you rediscover things that you'd started and then boxed away and this is one example. During my years on the 'Dark Side' I collected examples of WWII German horse drawn artillery and a wagon, these resurfaced during tidying up in the shed and so I finished most of them inbetween the AEC Monarch build. Whilst most people know of the German use of Panzers in WWII a little known fact is that they entered the war with 514,000 horses and over the course of it used 2.75 million horses and mules with the average Division using thousands, They even had their own hospitals and several songs were written about Kamerad Pferd - Comrade Horse.
The 10.5cm horse drawn artillery is by Revell but I believe originates via Preisser. This was mostly complete and just needed the painting finishing/tidying up and fitting together.
The Hf.2 wagon is white metal, I can't remember the make, and has a driver and passengers from Matchbox figures, payload from the spares box, cotton chains and painted foil reins.
The pack horses are from the Gramodels 15cm horse drawn howitzer set. I've yet to finish the howitzer as the instructions are somewhat vague and I need to source more references.
All were painted using various Vallejo, Tamiya and Humbrol acrylics. A big thank you to Howard for his painting tip.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: Kamerad Pferd
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 11:08:31 AM »
It never fails to amaze me how much horse power was behind the German Army.
Grumpy by name and nature

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 06:02:30 PM »
Nice Chris,
Another take on an often overlooked aspect of the war.
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 10:40:52 AM »
That's really nice Chris; you come up with some very unusual models.
Chris

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 03:23:55 PM »
Thanks everyone, this would have been my entry into this year's competition if I'd been there.