[Hide Attachments]
PC058374.jpg DSC03912.JPG PICT0200.jpg P1020397.JPG

Models > Modelling Projects

Boulton Paul P.100

(1/7) > >>

cph64:
Here's the resin surprise Chris.....
The Unicraft kit of the RAF 'What If' Boulton Paul P.100 ground attack a/c. 22 pieces of resin, 1 clear vac canopy, no instuctions, no decals, no cockpit floor but strangely the seat and console are provided as is a profile of the a/c.
The design can be traced back to a design spec issued, without number, on 7 March 1942 for a 'highly manoeuverable single-seat low attack a/c for employment against military forces on the ground, aircraft, invasion craft and shipping. Initially BP designed the P.99 a twin boom aircraft powered by a rear-mounted Griffon engine driving a six blade contra-rotating propeller. To avoid the propeller when baling out the pilot had a downward escape mechanism where the lower forward fuselage fell away (good luck with that one at low level!!).. The P.100 took these features but replaced the tail-wheeled twin boom with a tricycle undercarriage and canard configuration. Armament was to be large calibre cannons and either bombs or rockets with a desired service entry date of January 1944.
I definitely think this one will be a tail-sitter!!!!

MSea:
Now that is a type of plane I like - nothing like most of the models made on this site - hohohoho

chriswil42:
Yes, that quite an interesting design and kit Chris. I presume it never actally flew?

cph64:
It didn't, there were too many technical problems to overcome at the time. MSea it looks like something you've had your hands on, lol!!!

zak:

--- Quote from: cph64 on September 20, 2021, 03:10:38 PM ---It didn't, there were too many technical problems to overcome at the time. MSea it looks like something you've had your hands on, lol!!!

--- End quote ---
It would never fly in that case!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version