Author Topic: Jaguar T.2  (Read 1245 times)

cph64

• View Profile
Jaguar T.2
« on: November 04, 2021, 09:17:51 AM »
This is the kit I started at PlayDay 4. It's an original release of the Jaguar single seat attack or two seat trainer and according to Scalemates is dated from 1974 as a new tooling, but they say it has two colours of plastic whereas mine is only in dark grey. Typical of Frog/Rovex kits of the period the painting instructions are on the back of the box, the instructions are basic, as are the number of parts, and there's lots of ejector pin marks, some in visible places.
I started building the RAF two seater version and added Blue Tack and BB gun pellets to the nose and just behind the cockpit to help prevent tail-sitting. Did anyone find anymore of my balls whilst cleaning up? Also opening up the slots on the sides of the main intakes.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: Jaguar T.2
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 09:18:58 AM »
Lost your balls?
Grumpy by name and nature

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 10:57:37 AM »
Yes I remember your balls falling off the table at Playday 4 - hohohoho
MSea

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 04:28:10 PM »
Fuselage, wings and tailplanes fitted together with any gaps filled using PPP, including the holes for the underwing pylons. The cockpit was painted with Humbrol Satin black as was the cockpit framing after masking to show the inside colour, seatbelts had been made from metal foil. The pitot broke whilst being removed from the sprue so the base was drilled and a metal replacement fitted. Undercarriage bays were painted Tamiya Yellow Green before the undersides were painted Xtracrylic Light Aircraft Grey. After masking the upper surfaces were painted Xtracrylic Dark Sea Grey followed by more masking using mostly the sample of Mr Hyde Masking Putty that Haddock had kindly given me, see 2nd photo for this during the touch up phase, and then Xtracrylic RAF Dark Green.

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 02:37:37 PM »
Looking good Chris. Can you put a photo of the Tamiya yellow green on so that I can have a look at it?  Cheers. I wonder how close it is to the Vallejo yellow green I have?
Chris

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 03:52:16 PM »
Touch ups complete including those after removing the tail aerial, followed by a coat of Klear and on to decalling. The kit version I've built purports to be a T2 but it is in fact a prototype, B.08 XW 566, as it has the intake splitter plates, no wing fences, no starboard cannon and different exhausts, which are short in the kit. As such the kit decals are no good, literally, after soaking 24hrs they still haven't left the backing paper!!! So it was source the correct period roundels and the few stencils I put on as best as. The tail stripe is too thick but it's the nearest I had but I haven't managed to source the correct size and colour serial numbers yet. I had to hand paint the white seal on the cockpit with a No.10 sable as m white marker pen was hit and miss plus lumpy. As a prototype the nearest this has got to being weathered is some Nuln Oil on the oleo legs. Not a shake and make kit but it looks like a Jaguar. The first photo is a bit grainy, doh!
Chris there's also a photo of the Yello Green as requested.

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 05:58:48 PM »
Very nice.
Grumpy by name and nature

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2021, 02:06:22 PM »
Thanks Chris.
A nicely finished model.
Chris

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2021, 08:08:37 PM »
Hi Chris,
Nice model. Think I can help out with the serial numbers.
Have some Jaguar decals (Frog ones) or some Modeldecal ones.
Send me an email what you are looking for and I'll see what I can conjure up.
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better