Author Topic: Inspiration, where do you get yours?  (Read 965 times)

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Inspiration, where do you get yours?
« on: August 04, 2021, 05:27:24 AM »
Hi All,

This thread comes after yesterday's informal committee meeting, prior to starting normal club meetings hopefully in September.

Yesterday, I had the privilege to meet up with most of the guy's on the club committee. Although this was a generally, informal meet, just talking to other club members, listening to their projects, problems, issues made me realise what being a member is all about.

It is a common interest shared by all, to learn from others experiences, or knowledge, be that technical, or just by luck. Whatever, it may be, being part of a 'group' of like minded individual's, only serves to enrich your enjoyment of the hobby.

For me, only seeing a club member and his passion for a subject near to his heart, has made me to go home and seek out that model, and I intend to build it.

Is that what being a 'club member' is all about, to share your knowledge, your interests, your skills, your passions, and to savour the company you are with.

We all have opinion's, and that is good, your opinion's may not match others within the club, but to be able to respect each others skill and interest means, we all learn to be better individuals.   

Happy modelling!!

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Re: Inspiration, where do you get yours?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 11:01:24 AM »
Hi all, sorry I missed the meet up.

I think we can always get inspiration from other peoples models, that is also why the website is useful.

I like the banter and general abuse that seems to go with our meetings, always good natured (well mostly).

Meetings always encourage me to produce better models.
Grumpy by name and nature

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 02:46:58 PM »
Yes after a meeting I come home and am itching to do something with plastic - make of that what you like - hohoho
The more I see of other peoples models and the other thing that gets me going with ideas, is things in books/magazines - I never want to do a copy of what I have seen but they give me ideas that can be adapted to something that I can change and then make.
MSea

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 01:47:12 PM »
Yes I think models by other members of the club provide great inspiration.  I must admit that my modelling techniques have improved greatly since being a member of the club. Talking with the other members also can get problems sorted out whether it's building, painting or some other aspect you have not considered before. Like Dave I do really enjoy the banter amongst the club members. See you all next month with a bit of luck and a following wind.
Chris

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 04:21:51 PM »
Does that mean that you will be having a curry before the meeting then?
Bigkev

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 01:14:18 PM »
Who knows!
Chris

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 08:42:26 PM »
Hi Chris,
I'll make sure to check wind direction on the day, just in case!! Ha, ha,
Look forward to seeing you.
Cheers,
Bigkev

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 05:33:18 PM »
When I was in a group doing pubs etc our lead guitarist was once asked "Are you inspired by Robin Trower?". To which he replied " No, Newcastle Brown mostly". Anyway I digress, as ever, I know that since joining the Club my modelling has improved greatly and I think that's down to seeing other peoples models and finding out how they achieved their work. The other plus, as mentioned, is the camaraderie amongst our members who make each Meeting enjoyable, one way or another. Thanks everyone.

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 08:33:30 PM »
I get inspired by many things: - seeing others' models at meetings or in magazines is the main thing and as I move away from aircraft and become more interested in military vehicles and diorama building, I find myself becoming inspired by scenes in films or even my own experiences but that's quite dangerous as it plants seeds in my mind and it ends up with me having too many projects in my head and not enough on the table!