Author Topic: Website modifications  (Read 1175 times)

chriswil42

• View Profile
Website modifications
« on: July 25, 2021, 03:46:42 PM »
Are the modifications to the website complete yet?
I get an oddity with respect to too many images across the top banner which then compresses the main web page.
Chris

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Website modifications
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 08:32:03 PM »
Hi Chris,
I'm not exactly sure what is happening and what you are experiencing. I will ask Mike to have a look and see if there is an issue.
I have looked at some topics and some seem to have limited web page posts, whereas others continue to show numerous posts/replies.
It might be a glitch, but I'll get it looked into.
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

Haddock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 07:31:49 AM »
I think the lack of posts could be nothing more than a seasonal thing. Although I've been doing some modelling, among other things
I'm ashamed to say I haven't posted much.
Haddock
(Must try harder)

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 07:34:08 AM »
Yes Haddock I have not been doing much model work  at all - mainly in the garden
MSea

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 12:25:10 PM »
Me too, picking fruit, peas and so on.
Grumpy by name and nature

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 01:25:24 PM »
Hi Chris,
I'm not exactly sure what is happening and what you are experiencing. I will ask Mike to have a look and see if there is an issue.
I have looked at some topics and some seem to have limited web page posts, whereas others continue to show numerous posts/replies.
Bigkev
It looks like the main banner on the home page now consists of 5 images whereas I think it may have been 4 previously. Don't know if that helps Kevin.
Chris

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 07:20:31 PM »
Hi Chris,
Bigkev
It looks like the main banner on the home page now consists of 5 images whereas I think it may have been 4 previously. Don't know if that helps Kevin.

Hi Chris,
When Mike amended the website he made the home page a full 'page' hence more pictures.
However, I am not sure that that has contributed to the problem you mention.
Again, when I'm not at work, I'll contact Mike and ask the question, or ask if there is a 'glitch', which can probably be overcome.
Nice to hear your comments, all the same.
Cheers,
Bigkev

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 02:37:57 PM »
Hi Kevin

The issue appears to be with Google Chrome on a Samsung tablet. It appears to be ok on a PC running Winows.
Hope that helps.

Regards

Chris
Chris

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 07:49:42 PM »
Hi Kevin

The issue appears to be with Google Chrome on a Samsung tablet. It appears to be ok on a PC running Winows.
Hope that helps.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

I'll direct Mike to this thread so he read all that has been put in regard of this thread.
I am sure he will do his best to maintain the best result for all club members.
Thanks,
Bigkev 

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 11:13:09 AM »
Hi Everyone

I did tweak the number of preview images to set it to 5 but it isn't auto sizing them correctly for all browsers and devices so I can set this back to 4.  Its easy enough to change this value, the range being 1 to 5.  So whatever works best for the team.  Ill try 4 and see how we get on.

I have been doing some other tweaks in the background such as the security change and removing the image size limit on uploads.  Ill send some details to Bill for the newsletter so everyone can read about it.

Regards

Mike

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 01:26:54 PM »
Hi Mike,
nice to hear from you.
Grumpy by name and nature

chriswil42

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2021, 01:40:16 PM »
Hi Everyone

I did tweak the number of preview images to set it to 5 but it isn't auto sizing them correctly for all browsers and devices so I can set this back to 4.  Its easy enough to change this value, the range being 1 to 5.  So whatever works best for the team.  Ill try 4 and see how we get on.

I have been doing some other tweaks in the background such as the security change and removing the image size limit on uploads.  Ill send some details to Bill for the newsletter so everyone can read about it.

Regards

Mike
That works a treat. It auto sizes to the full width now.  Thank you.
From time to time if the four images in the top banner still causes the page to not autosize correctly. Though generally it's much better than it was.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 02:06:48 PM by chriswil42 »
Chris