Author Topic: Jagtiger  (Read 790 times)

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
Jagtiger
« on: April 29, 2021, 05:34:14 PM »
Hello all,

last summer I knocked together this 1/72 Trumpeter Jagdtiger which will be part of a larger project also featuring a Jagdpanzer, Jagdpanther and Hetzer.

I forgot to take any pictures of the construction so there's a couple of the almost finished article I took today - I just have some winter whitewash to apply and I'm not looking forward to that.  I tried it once already and wasn't happy with the result so scrubbed it off again, though it left a fairly realistic light frost in some small areas.

I wanted a heavily weathered look to it so gave it a blast of red oxide primer colour first and did a bit of hairspray chipping once the main colours were on.  The Ambush dots were dabbed on with a bit of cut off cocktail stick and then to soften the edges, I gave it a bit of a dab with surgical spirit.  Don't know why, it was just one of those "I'll try this and see what happens" moments and it worked a treat, not only blurring the edges but also toning the colours down. 

This was meant to be a test kit as I also have the Iteleri/Esci Jadgtiger which I wanted to use on the project but on reflection, I'm happy with this one so it will be used and the other will feature somewhere else.  The tracks are "rubber band" type which I don't have a problem with (the other is link and length) and they painted up fine.  Superglue and some balsa spacers to hold it onto the roadwheels intil set gave a decent "heavy" look I thought.  I'll add pics of the winter camouflage once it's done.  Wish me luck!

chriswil42

• View Profile
Re: Jagtiger
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 12:59:00 PM »
Not a bad effect Dave.
Chris

councilman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 07:06:26 PM »
The Jagtiger really was a massive Tank Destroyer. Your weathering shows off its huge size to great effect.
Well done.
Andy

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 09:43:12 AM »
The camo looks great, I'll try your tip for the dots on a future non-flying thingy.

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 06:08:16 PM »
Hi Wizzel,
Like your explanation of the 'sag' on the tracks and how you did it.
Nice work.
Cheers,
bigkev
I hope my next is always better