Author Topic: V1 Launch Site  (Read 2657 times)

chriswil42

• View Profile
Re: V1 Launch Site
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2020, 01:54:58 PM »
Both models look excellent guys.
Chris

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2020, 04:35:48 PM »
The upper surfaces of the V1 have been painted RLM 70 with the interior of the pulse jet getting a coat of Aluminium. The individual sections of the ramp received another coat of Dunkelgelb before the were joined together. with Superglue Gel, using the base to ensure correct sitting and alignment. Once cured the blocks and trestles were fitted before the disruptive RLM 81 was added. This was hand painted as I wanted it to look as if the Russian POWs were given a tin of paint and told to get on with it. When dry the complete ramp was Superglued to the base with the blocks and parts of the ramp being weathered using powder.
An interesting build but I think Modelcollect missed a trick in that rather than doubling up on the ramps they could have provided the loading trolley and start up apparatus for the V1 plus the T-Stoff and Z-Stoff cylinders which create the steam to drive the piston, seen at the rear of the ramp.
There is conflicting information as to who was in charge of V1 operations with the kit instructions stating they came under the command of Flak Regiment 155 (W), presumable Colonel Wachtel the Commanding Officer whilst Wikipedia gives other sources. Whilst over 8000 were launched, again figures vary, only around  quarter of them reached in England with the furthest getting to Manchester.

Nice Chris, very nice.
An interesting subject, done justice on this build.
As far as Manchester?, must have been an air dropped version?
Nice work.
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2020, 04:20:37 PM »
I think that too Kev. Great work on the diorama Zak, I keep finding items that may allow me to build the parts I said should have been included.

councilman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2020, 06:10:14 PM »
Well done Chris. Like this one a lot.  8)
Andy.
Andy

cph64

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2020, 06:19:39 PM »
Thanks everyone