• Welcome to Bridlington & Wolds Scale Model Club Forum.
 

News:

Welcome to the Bridlington and Wolds Scale Model Club forum

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - cph64

#1
Modelling Projects / Re: Blohm und Voss Bv P.194
October 06, 2026, 08:47:31 PM
Cabin front end reminds me of a Brontosaurus for some reason. Either that or my meds are wearing off.
#3
Modelling Projects / Re: Gotha P.60C-6 'Raptor'
October 06, 2026, 05:14:25 PM
The cockpit tub and nose wheel bay had to be sanded to allow the upper and lower sections to be fixed together, with weight being placed behind the cockpit. I aligned the nose sections and the rear fuselage but this meant that there was a lip on the wings. Self inflicted wound? So it was out with Mr Surfacer 500. When I came to fit the nose section I found that it was about 1/2 millimetre out all around so I sourced something from spares and have started to sand this into shape.
#4
Modelling Projects / Re: Blohm und Voss Bv P.194
October 06, 2026, 05:08:45 PM
When I checked the airframe after painting there was a seam on the upper fuselage that I hadn't seen previously so I hid this with a length of Evergreen strip painted RLM 70. It could be a wiring conduit or a strengthening rib, who knows? Decals were applied mostly from the kit ones with the stencils taking up most of the time. As mentioned before the kit markings are wrong so after going through references and checking my stock I went for the 'easy' option of White 3 from I/SG4 (Schlachtgeschwader - close support/ground attack wing 4), with the swastikas coming from stock. Once all applied and settled in with Micro Sol they were given a coat of satin varnish followed by Flory washes and exhaust stains from Revell powder. The bombs had been fixed in place ad the bomb bay doors cut and altered as per the instructions. All that was left to do then was remove the canopy maskings, tidy the framework up and reposition the rear section.
#5
Saw a book in Filey today about scratchbuilding railway layouts but I don't think you need it, lol!! More great work.
#6
Modelling Projects / Re: Jupiter conversion
October 05, 2026, 05:02:08 PM
Let's hope the skids can take it!!
#7
Coming together at a great pace.
#8
Modelling Projects / Re: Monty's camper.
October 01, 2026, 08:49:26 AM
Great work Andy, well done. We watched 'Pressure' the other night and Monty came across as an Old School WW1 General"We go no matter what the weather" re D Day planned for June 5th.
#9
If he can sync hearing aids to a sound system he'll get the 'toot toot' when the batteries are running out. Ask me how I know (I call it Casey Jones!!)
#10
Modelling Projects / Re: Jupiter conversion
September 29, 2026, 07:29:59 AM
I did wonder with it being black and yellow.
#11
General Discussion / Re: Playday 35
September 27, 2026, 06:21:52 PM
Looks like some modelling did get done inbetween talking, lol!!!
#12
Looks like there's a lot of planning and prep work going into this one?
#13
Modelling Projects / Re: Special Hobby's Hiller
September 27, 2026, 05:19:08 PM
I can only manage two and even then things can go awry!!!
#14
Modelling Projects / Re: USCG HH-3F Pelican
September 27, 2026, 05:17:11 PM
It's a good job we're hoarders as you never know when something will come in handy.
#15
Modelling Projects / Re: Jupiter conversion
September 27, 2026, 05:15:28 PM
Is that a conversion for a Police Helicopter? If so which Force will it represent.