Bridlington & Wolds Scale Model Club Forum

Models => Modelling Projects => Topic started by: councilman on August 12, 2026, 03:18:49 PM

Title: Monty's camper.
Post by: councilman on August 12, 2026, 03:18:49 PM
Hello All,
Yes you can believe your eyes, Andy is actually posting a model build in the club website.
I was browsing on eBay with a glass of wine the other night when I stumbled upon this little gem.
I built this kit when I was about 13, so its got some nostalgic interest for me. Anyway, I'm going to do it as a simple build.
By the way, it came all the way from Italy, for a price... Don't buy stuff when drinking wine  :-[  ;D
Here goes.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: cph64 on August 12, 2026, 03:44:07 PM
I also built this in my youth Andy, have a nice time reminiscing as you go along.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: chriswil42 on August 12, 2026, 04:29:03 PM
I also built this when it came out. I still have it finished in desert colours. It's quite a nice kit.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: Bigkev on August 12, 2026, 06:20:32 PM
Bump!

That's me falling off my chair. Andy is posting a build again, after a long hiatus.
I never built this one Andy, but did some of the other Matchbox offerings.
I'm sure you will enjoy building this one and I look forward to seeing it progress.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: councilman on August 15, 2026, 08:23:48 PM
Got a bit more done today.
The fit of the parts is quite good and the detail is fine for this scale. No wonder these kits were so popular.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: Bigkev on August 16, 2026, 07:24:36 AM
Looks like you are having fun!

Coming together nicely.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: chriswil42 on August 16, 2026, 03:03:10 PM
You're cracking on with this Andy.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: Bob C on August 19, 2026, 09:11:42 PM
Hi Andy, I remember this kit coming out,  but never built one. You're cracking on with it.

Bob c
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: councilman on August 21, 2026, 07:24:29 PM
All built and primed up ready for painting.
Its a while since I built something this small.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: Bigkev on August 21, 2026, 08:29:07 PM
I'm sure you will do it justice Andy.
Coming along very nicely.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: cph64 on August 22, 2026, 06:48:29 AM
When you look at the instructions and parts I think IBG could learn a lot about KISS!!
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: chriswil42 on August 22, 2026, 03:14:11 PM
Nice work Andy.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: councilman on August 31, 2026, 07:08:43 PM
Hello Modellers,
The parts are coming together nicely. Ready for a few transfers.
Thanks all.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: Bigkev on August 31, 2026, 07:57:26 PM
Looks great Andy,
Are those homemade curtains for Monty's trailer?
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: chriswil42 on September 01, 2026, 03:16:20 PM
Looking good.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: cph64 on September 09, 2026, 08:16:06 AM
Great work on the base.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: councilman on September 11, 2026, 08:05:45 PM
Almost there. ;D
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: zak on September 12, 2026, 08:45:27 AM
Looking good.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: Bigkev on September 12, 2026, 05:12:50 PM
Nice!
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: chriswil42 on September 14, 2026, 03:21:29 PM
Good progress Andy.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: councilman on September 30, 2026, 08:07:25 PM
All done, I think.
Maybe I'll ad some antena, we'll see.
Thanks all.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: Bob C on October 01, 2026, 07:31:59 AM
Excellent Andy for such a small scale.

Bob c
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: cph64 on October 01, 2026, 08:49:26 AM
Great work Andy, well done. We watched 'Pressure' the other night and Monty came across as an Old School WW1 General"We go no matter what the weather" re D Day planned for June 5th.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: zak on October 01, 2026, 10:39:09 AM
Great job on a classis kit!
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: Bigkev on October 01, 2026, 10:54:22 AM
A stunning result Andy. Nice to see you back here on the website.
Next up the LRDG?
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: chriswil42 on October 02, 2026, 03:07:58 PM
Excellent work Andy. It looks really nice.
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: MSea on October 03, 2026, 12:37:03 PM
great work
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: councilman on October 05, 2026, 07:47:18 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. It realy is a great kit for its time.
Just got back from a weekend away in near Kendal. I went to vist the Ruskin musium in Coniston and had a good look at Donald Campbell's Bulubird K7. Maybe I'll build one of my own... ;D
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: zak on October 06, 2026, 08:55:28 AM
Quote from: councilman on October 05, 2026, 07:47:18 PMThanks for the comments everyone. It realy is a great kit for its time.
Just got back from a weekend away in near Kendal. I went to vist the Ruskin musium in Coniston and had a good look at Donald Campbell's Bulubird K7. Maybe I'll build one of my own... ;D

How hard can it be?
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: MSea on October 06, 2026, 11:20:59 AM
Will it be 1/24 scale or 1/1 scale - if its 1/1 can I have a ride  :P  :P  :P  :P
Title: Re: Monty's camper.
Post by: Jonners on October 07, 2026, 04:09:03 PM
Superb!