Author Topic: What am I building now?  (Read 66655 times)

Kiteman

Re: What am I building now?
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2015, 01:24:55 PM »
ok, will do...Bonus Point on the way...

Kiteman

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2015, 02:53:13 PM »
regarding the firefly colouration, I have no idea why it is in the tri-colour arrangement. Those are the colours from the buiding destructions and as reflected on the box artwork. It would be interesting to find out!
So here are some more piccies of progress on MM4 (B25 Mitchell). This model I got as part of a job lot that I purchased some years ago. The model had been started by someone else. That what was done was not particularly put together well so I have had to rework it from scratch really...an interesting project. So what variant is it?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2015, 09:58:38 PM »
Okay, dorsal turret at the front of the fuselage makes it the B25H.  Good work by the way, but I note you have strayed from your declared "sub-interest" of single engine WWII aircraft.  That now gives me free reign to explore 1/48 WWII kits without fear of ridicule or contempt. ;D

Kiteman

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2015, 06:01:17 AM »
You are almost as good a spotter as Kev.....correct! 1 Bonus point to you. This distraction from single engined fighters is only here because it was part of a Job lot that I bought, if you remember (not bad for a tenner!)and was not bought with intent as I didn`t know what I was going to get. So it doesn`t count and does not neccessarily give you licence to tread on my turf, matey!
More progress coming soon....I am enjoying this one up to now.

Wizzel

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2015, 11:52:02 AM »
Yes, as soon as I posted my reply, I knew you would plead ignorance "honest m'lud, I didn't know it was going to be a twin engined thing.  I know, I should really have given it away to someone more deserving but if you would just give me this one chance, I will prove how dedicated I am to deceit, dishonour and corruption"!!  Seriously though, I hope you enjoyed the challenge of dealing with a larger and more complicated model.  It certainly takes a bit more planning when you have to fit all those turrets and stuff in before closing up the fuselage.  How many more sleeps until I see it "In The Flesh?"

Kiteman

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2015, 01:25:14 PM »
nine and counting!! ;D

Kiteman

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2015, 02:21:24 PM »
so..some Progress, new paint job over and under, got rid of that òrrible job that the previous owner did. The green looks a little bright in the photo, but is ok in reality. the underside I have darkened somewhat. (see previous picture of underside) I first painted it light gray but found it a bit too light for my liking so have rubbed it down and gone over the top with neutral gray. Looks much better, I think. As for Buddy the pilot, I don`t do figures but I reckon that he is asking for a cup of tea in that right hand of his, whilst sitting patiently on his clothes peg....waddayasay?

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2015, 02:37:49 PM »
he could be playing paper, scissors, stone?
Grumpy by name and nature

Wizzel

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2015, 10:36:17 AM »
Reminds me a little bit of the tin foil sculptures we used to make  ;)

Kiteman

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2015, 11:45:23 AM »
My airplanes don`t look like tin foil sculpures.....cheek!!!

Haddock

« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2015, 10:18:38 PM »
This is all very impressive but how about a nice WW1 biplane, can I place an order?
Haddock.

Kiteman

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2015, 03:20:01 PM »
You certainly can, ..I am using these WW2 kits from my stash to practice on. I am, as a result getting better, then I can put my new found skills to really good use on my love of WW1 Biplanes. See there is logic in my madness.

Kiteman

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2015, 05:38:01 PM »
So, the "sods law" that we discussed a little while ago has hit me again. Just after freshly painting and decaling the Mitchell i dropped the bloody thing breaking off the tailplane assembly and damaging the decals. Now, I have refitted the tailplane assembly and now Need to refill the gap between it and the main fuselage. I reckon that I can master that (after lessons from Kev). My problem is what do I do about the decals....any suggestions????

Kiteman

« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2015, 05:37:54 AM »
Problem sorted to my satifaction...photos to come

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2015, 04:28:35 PM »
Can't wait to see them.