Author Topic: Supplementing forum page pictures by using the Model Blog.  (Read 1963 times)

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Supplementing forum page pictures by using the Model Blog.
« on: October 12, 2011, 06:40:51 PM »
Hi All and Guests,

Due to an error with the website operating system, We are aware that non-registerd club members and visitors to our website cannot see the photo's that go with articles on the forum.

Perhaps contributors might like to consider putting the pictures on the blog and making reference to them in the text in the article so interested visitors can see what they are describing.

I intend to put all the photo's used in my 'work in progress' articles on the model blog on the completition of each build. Retrospectively, I will put on the pictures of 'Work in Progress 1 and 2'  on the Model Blog tomorrow, for any interested parties.

Our website manager is currently looking at the operating system with a view to allow all visitors to the website access to club forum pictures placed on it by club members. 

Hope this helps affected parties to still enjoy the website whilst this glitch is sorted. Many thanks to all who read this.

Bigkev  :)
I hope my next is always better

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Supplementing forum page pictures by using the Model Blog.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 06:56:50 AM »
Hi Bigkev

I may just have cracked the error where guests couldn't see attachments to peoples posts on the forum.

If you could check it from the uk by looking at some posts without logging into the forum and let me know how it goes.

I am going to have a look at the whole photo uploading issue next and see if I can come up with a better solution for everyone.

Regards

Subman

PS I have also increased the max number of attachments to 10

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 08:38:37 AM »
 :)
Great Mike, am able to see the pictures without logging on.#
Cheers
Dave
Grumpy by name and nature

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 01:56:34 PM »
Hi Mike,
Yep, whatever you did, seems to have done the trick!

Could it be Halloween??

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better