Author Topic: Eureka moment  (Read 1692 times)

bridlufc

Eureka moment
« on: April 12, 2013, 10:02:42 PM »
Hi all, I am working on an entry for the next club comp theme of 'C'. Scale is rather unusual for me, being smaller than 1/144th. Anyway, the painting instructions indicated that the cockpit glass could be painted on with flat black. So, rather than do the right thing and mask off the cockpit glass and spray the overall colour I opted to do it as per instructions. Paint thinned at the ready, paintbrush in hand here we go....... unfortunately even though I had complete control of the paintbrush shaft, the bristles had other ideas. Suffice to say it wasn't a good idea, and after re-spraying back to the overall colour scheme I had no idea what to do next. As I laid in the bath tonight, I had one of those eureka moments to my problem, a permanent marker pen with a small nib which, in theory, should give me total control rather than paintbrush bristles. So watch this space.

Regards Bridlufc

bridlufc

Re: Eureka moment
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:53:47 PM »
Hi all, I am pleased to say that it worked with the permanent marker pen. A good eye and a steady hand are required and a bit of patience helps as well, although I did have to touch up with the overall colour scheme a couple of times.

Regards Bridlufc

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 03:25:48 PM »
Mmmm, the mind boggles as to how lying in the bath brough to mind a small nib. :P

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 03:26:27 PM »
But I look forward to seeing the end result anyway.  Nowt like a bit of lateral thinking is there?

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 06:25:52 PM »
I think too much water immersion has affected our Tony,

Perhaps he will he regenerated by next meeting, small nib and all............................!

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better