Author Topic: Interbau Modelbaumesse  (Read 4128 times)

Kiteman

Interbau Modelbaumesse
« on: April 14, 2015, 02:03:20 PM »
This is where I am going to at the weekend.......europs biggest model show. I will report as usual. Check out the link, it`s worth it.

http://www.westfalenhallen.de/messen/intermodellbau/

Kiteman

Re: Interbau Modelbaumesse
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 07:45:59 AM »
so, we went, Doro bought some stuff for the kids (and the big ones too) and I came away with only one model, some new needle files, a magnifier and some drills. A great time was had. The exhibition is huge and one could spend all weekend and a lot of money there if one was weak!!!!! DANGER Wiil Robinson DANGER!
All the Major manufacturers were ther but none from Poland or the Chek...very strange as they are getting stronger and better every year. Being Germany Revell had a good Show.
It is a recommended weekend trip for anyone who fancies coming over to Germany in April but bring a fat wallet with you to make it worth it. It is unbelievable what is for sale, especially in the after market branch, tools and all sorts of gubbins to take the skill out of model making...shame!
So get on the ferry next year, you can get your head down here after a couple of german beers and enjoy!

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 11:15:34 AM »
My nickname at school was Zak - maybe it came from the series you allude to, Lost in Space, I presume.
Not very nice being named after the villain.
Grumpy by name and nature

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 03:41:50 PM »
Hi Kiteman,
Sounds great. Not had time to look at the link yet, but will make a point of doing so.
Glad you had a good time there. The tools don't replace skill, of which you have loads........................
They just make it a little easier to get to your desired destination in building.
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

Haddock

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 05:07:05 PM »
Hi Kiteman,
Sounds great. Not had time to look at the link yet, but will make a point of doing so.
Glad you had a good time there. The tools don't replace skill, of which you have loads........................
They just make it a little easier to get to your desired destination in building.
Bigkev
A bad tradesman always blames his tools, however, a good tradesman always uses the right tool for the job.
Haddock.

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 09:47:37 AM »

A bad tradesman always blames his tools, however, a good tradesman always uses the right tool for the job.
Haddock.
[/quote]
...unlike DCOS who is banned from my tools after I caught her opening a paint tin with one of my chisels, THEN using a screwdriver to stir the paint!!!!

I think I will get this in my diary for next year Kitey.  Give us a heads up on the dates so I can bang in some leave and pay you a visit.  I shall bring my wallet, toothbrush and an empty bergan.   :)

Kiteman

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 12:55:59 PM »
Will do Wizzel!

Haddock

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 02:46:13 PM »
To add to my previous gem of wisdom....................neither wise men nor fools can work without tools!!

Kiteman

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 03:51:00 PM »
.....Ommmmmmmmmmmmmm!.....