Author Topic: Rejuvinating Paint Brushes  (Read 2172 times)

Pen-Pusher

Rejuvinating Paint Brushes
« on: October 03, 2015, 11:06:22 AM »
For those of us wandering aimlessly in the backwoods of paint brushing, quite by accident I found a good way of rejuvenating 'tired' brushes? I had cause to use 'EXPO' model paint remover and finding it difficult to dislodge all the dissolved paint, used an old paint brush that had lain unused for some time. I eventually remembered to wash the old brush some time later and discovered all the old residues and paint particles had gone and the bristles were like new!! (Thinks: 'If it works on paint brushes - what about my beard?')

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rejuvinating Paint Brushes
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 07:08:51 PM »
Hi Pen Pusher,

Good tip that. Now about your beard it will probably work fine, though it might remove the skin on your chin!

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

Haddock

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 11:45:26 AM »
                   While we're on the subject, Bill has given me a small sample of a product to try called "Purisol paint remover", it's an Extracrylics product. I haven't tried it yet but if it's good enough for Bill, it's good enough for me. Most of my brushes need a bit of TLC so I ought to get my finger out!
Haddock.

Kiteman

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 04:22:51 PM »
Backwoods of paint brushing? Sir, may I remind you that neither Michaelangelo, Picasso or Salvador Dali posessed an airbrush!