Author Topic: Model Show Saturday 27th August  (Read 5150 times)

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Model Show Saturday 27th August
« on: August 23, 2011, 07:17:49 PM »
Looking forward to seeing you all at the Railway Station this coming weekend.
As I uderstand it we can get in about 8.00 AM and the show starts at 10.00 AM - 4.00 PM.
I have the club covers and some voting slips as well as some instructions for the Annual competition? Do we know where the cup is?
Cyril is going to give me some other covers as well.
I also have some books for Geoff.
I know nothing (excuse the quote from Manuel) about the table, their arrangement or other things.
See you there.
Dave
Grumpy by name and nature

driffowl

Re: Model Show Saturday 27th August
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 08:25:30 PM »
 :)looking forward to it COME ON EVERYBODY lets get our act together and put on a decent display this is our inaugral show after all 8)

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 09:18:25 PM »
Hi Guys,

Sorry I am not going to be there on Saturday, but the NHS has got in the way and scuppered my attendance, with a little matter of an operation.

Regretably it means that my trusty 'Whip' (right description, not 'Hip')has to stay at home that weekend and I'll have to leave it to those present to do their best. I am sure that 'Each Man Will Do His Duty', but who said that before me ???

As I am the only one who has been to the Parcels Office prior to the show, can I explain what I have seen of the layout of the rooms and what we have available to us.

We have acess to all three rooms, and use of the W.C.'s in there.

To the far left of the doorway is a large room. It has 3 woodworking benches available to use.
More centrally there is another room, which has 5 full length tables to use.
To the right is another room which again has a total of 5 tables to use.
In addition there are 3 to 4 folding tables in the large room to be used by us/ railway club if needed on the day.
In each room there are lots of chairs for the members to use.

The rooms will be available from 8.00am to set up. Steve waring is going to turn off the Alarms and unlock them for us on the day at that time. Tables can be moved around to suit the needs of the day BUT MUST be returned to where they came from before we leave the rooms for the day.

May I suggest that the tables be place in the large room and the show held there as this will enable maximum inpact of the number of models on display, and also allow members to observe each other exhibits when the need to have something to eat, comfort break,etc. 

As Dave has said the cloths are going to be there via Geoff (Thanks Geoff) early on saturday morning, and there should be adequate covering for the club, but I did ask members be prepared and to bring an old sheet for their table just in case...............

As to the trophy, the last person to win it, Paul, I understand has returned it to the club and is currently in the safe possesion of Andy.

Well thats about it from me this time, but if you've any other questions to ask before I am re-kitted, I'll do my best to answer them,

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

driffowl

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 05:06:41 PM »
hi like to say i enjoyed todays model show ,i think there are things we can improve on but lifes a learning curve and as they say giant oaks from little acorns grow,thanks to every one for there donations and help with the book stall especially my beautiful wife Ruth,well done to paul on his comp win,and i think we all deserve a pat on the back for presenting the public with a very eclectic mix of well made models .thanks to dave ,andy and joe for the help with lifting and looking forward to the next one. 8)

team photo attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 05:31:03 PM »
Yes, a lot to think about.
I really enjoyed the day, thought that it went really well, considering the small amount of publicity, we did well, 78 members of the public voted.
Congratulations to Paul again, a landslide victory - well done.
It was nice to see a wide variety of models and we could have put even more on display.
Thanks to every one for their help time and good humour.
Well done.
I'm all bunkered out now.  :o
Cheers
Dave

driffowl

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 07:24:14 PM »
1.tony and joe contemplate ? answers on a postcard please

2 frantic staging before the rush

3 admiral yamamotos fleet set sail for brid

4 just william

just a bit of fun lads please dont take offence :P

seasider

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 11:29:20 AM »
Sorry I could not have stayed longer but had a previous date with some horses nice to see some of you after a while, looked like a good display. I will try and get some modelling done for the next one

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 06:59:21 PM »
 :)
Great photos, well done.

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 07:14:06 PM »
 ;)
Here are some more views of the show at the Parcels Office, Bridlington Station.

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 07:15:13 PM »
 :o
Even more.

zak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 07:17:18 PM »
The competition table, well in two halves.