P1030011.JPG P9158051.jpg P1030418.JPG P1020280.JPG

Models > Modelling Projects

Boulton Paul P.100

<< < (6/7) > >>

chriswil42:
Looking good Chris.

Bigkev:
Hi Chris,
looking.......different to say the least.
Keep at it, it will all come together.
Bigkev

Good work so far.

cph64:
Fitting the undercarriage did prove interesting as once fitted the plane had a distinct nose down attitude. I'd checked the legs I'd made against the resin ones and they were the same size so as there are no diagrams/pictures of the plane with gear down I went with this. The next problem was the main wheel bay covers, they were too long. Some sanding down was required trying to follow the initial sit. The contra-rotating rotor and exhausts were then fitted along with an aerial was using a bristle from an old brush. Two coats of Klear went on before the decals, all sourced from spares. Some split but I left as best as to imitate wear due to constant low level flying. Then it was a coat of satin varnish and a mix of Flory washes.
A challenging but interesting build during which I learnt more, which is what modellings about isn't it? Not a kit for the faint hearted but the only other option, I believe, is a vacform.
I wanted to photograph it outside but rain stopped play yesterday.

zak:
Well, it's finished and you overcame the problems.

MSea:

--- Quote from: zak on November 04, 2021, 09:18:25 AM ---Well, it's finished and you overcame the problems.

--- End quote ---
Not only that but it looks good as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version