[Hide Attachments]
P1020539.JPG P1030938.JPG P1020249.JPG P1040465.JPG

Models > Modelling Projects

Boulton Paul P.100

<< < (4/7) > >>

chriswil42:
Not much room for the weighting. Looks as if it will be a bit heavy.

cph64:
Despite my best efforts and lots of hot to boiling water the fuselage wouldn't join so it was out with the superglue, force it together and fill the gaps!!!. The observant amongst you will have noticed that the kit only has 3 exhaust holes for the Griffon engine where there should be 6 and 3 of these aren't in line!! The box art shows 6 but the paint guide 3. I'm deciding whether to go along with the kit or fill, sand and source 6.
I managed to get one wing to fit nicely, at my first attempt re pining and drilling, but the second was way out so that's a W.I.P. The spinner for the contra-rotating propellers has no guide holes for the blades and after wondering how to space them I decided upon cutting pieces of masking tape to length, measuring them and dividing by three to get the spacing. It appears to have worked but the blades will need some serious work, or replacing,

Haddock:
This looks like a labour of love, don't surrender.
Haddock.

MSea:
It will be worth it in the end - or that's what they always say - just enjoy turning bents bits into a finished model Chris

cph64:
After much fettling and sanding both wings are finally attached, these and the foreplanes have received layers of filler but will need further work. In the background are the exhausts I will be using. They're from the old Airfix Bf 109 kit and only have 5 outlets but are better than the 3 holes of the kit. I decided against trying to 'boss' the kit propeller blades and sourced two sets from my spares. The black ones had to be cut down and shaped with the grey ones coming from the MPM DB8A kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version