Author Topic: Croppers new bits and bobs.  (Read 1428 times)

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Croppers new bits and bobs.
« on: March 29, 2013, 03:05:39 PM »
Yes, well done Kevin, I was in the other day and he showed me his new range of sanding sticks, polishing cloths and so on, everything needed for that great finish on  the old plsatic.
Dave
Grumpy by name and nature

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Croppers new bits and bobs.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 07:16:18 PM »
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your comments. Just think its time to let modellers in 'our neck of the woods' that somebody stocks these things now.

I also raise my hat to Dave Cropper for actually taking time to think about us plastic guys, long may it continue.

Kevin
I hope my next is always better

bridlufc

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 08:35:36 PM »
Croppers will be definitely worth a visit then. If Dave Cropper has access to the club website could he not be encouraged to put items he has for sale/on offer on the club website? Would  advertisement on the club website be to his advantage? I see this as a way forward for members of the club and also for Dave Croppers' business as well. Would it be possible to try and get Dave Cropper to interact with the club via the website and vice versa at all, after all it would be to both our advantage. How about discussing the advantages of the club show? Like him or loathe him, he is still an important cog to local modellers and quite frankly it would be a sad day if he were ever to close the shop.
My personal thoughts are that as a club we should interact more with Dave Cropper but he should be more approachable as it would be in his best interests, modelling is progressing all the time so we need a shop that is willing to embrace that progress, and if that shop is on our doorstep we should make the most of it.

Regards Bridlufc
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:40:57 PM by bridlufc »

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 09:17:52 AM »
This is good news.  Being new back into it all, I'm not familiar with a lot of stuff out there nowadays and have a deal of trouble deciding what I actually need against what people actually want to sell me.  It's a much easier decision if you can get hands on as well as eyes in and of course that's not possible over the internet.  I'm going to have to make an effort and get to Brid and have a mooch about.  Great stuff.

bridlufc

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 10:17:20 PM »
Hi all, visited Croppers over the last week and bought some of his new Flex-I-File stuff. While I am quite impressed with the polishing cloths and the touch and flow system for plastic weld glue, the flexi file itself is a good concept in that it eliminates flat spots on curved surfaces when sanding. The sanding strips can be used wet or dry, I used mine wet and found the abrasive soon rubbed off the polycarb strip and didn't last very long at all, leaving blank spots. I will give the strips a try dry next time so watch this space.

Regards Bridlufc