Author Topic: Model kits for birthdays and Christmas  (Read 1477 times)

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Model kits for birthdays and Christmas
« on: September 20, 2016, 03:20:53 PM »
My family seem to think that they know what I want to build, they buy me presents for anniversaries and so on.
I can understand the Chevy -bit of a joke, its the same age as he is and so on.................. .

I happened to be in Australia visiting my son and his family, we took the kids to an Air Museum just outside Perth.
I waxed lyrical about a particular aircraft - yes - guess what, it was a kit for Christmas.
You would think that I would learn.
I once mentioned Wallace and Grommit, Dr Who and Shaun the Sheep. Lots of presents to build there. Yes I built them all and then gave them away.

Well I now have the 1/72 Airfix Catalina to build. Joy.
Grumpy by name and nature

MSea

• I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that
    • View Profile
Re: Model kits for birthdays and Christmas
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 03:38:56 PM »
My family seem to think that they know what I want to build, they buy me presents for anniversaries and so on.
I can understand the Chevy -bit of a joke, its the same age as he is and so on.................

I think you should mention rolex watches - £50 notes - a new suit - etc.
You never know it might just work !!!!!!!!
MSea

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 07:39:52 PM »
If it does can you let me know....................................!
Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

Haddock

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 08:12:03 PM »
It doesn't!!!!!

Kiteman

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 07:46:16 AM »
I can confirm that it doesn`t.......ask my wife!

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 03:30:11 PM »
No, it doesn't work.  Being a practical sort of bloke, all the time I was in the Army, I'd ask DCOS and Co for boot polish and razors for Christmas being as that's what I NEEDED.  Did I get boot polish and razors?  NO.  I got light up bow ties, chocolate reindeer droppings and other such utter ballyhoo that was neither use nor ornament and served only to fill the bin up on December 26th (not that I'm an ungrateful sod, but come on folks, I'd rather have nowt that that stuff).

Then of course when I made a throwaway comment about my Gran getting me Rupert Bear comics when I was 3, that became my theme and everything I got was to do with him (no model kits to my recollection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Poppy was the only one who got it right; she'd take me into (the late) Model Zone (RIP) and ask me to go and select the kits I was interested in by pulling them out of the stack a little way then go and buy something else from another shop while she picked and bought something from my choices.