Author Topic: DAVE "TWO TEDS" MITCHELL  (Read 1060 times)

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
DAVE "TWO TEDS" MITCHELL
« on: September 30, 2016, 01:37:57 PM »
Dear all,

After hearing about Cottingham man, Ted Fullerton on Radio Humberside who, after chatting with a ex-army lad and barman at his local pub, became a bit of a celebrity via social media (full story at http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/raf-veteran-ted-fullerton-a-facebook-sensation-at-95/story-29572946-detail/story.html) I dropped them a line telling them of another 95 year old, also an ex-wartime aircraft engineer, also living in the East Riding of Yorkshire and also called Ted - but this one was in the Luftwaffe not the RAF - would they be interested in meeting him, possibly doing a complementary interview and maybe even arranging a get together between the 2 veterans, they said "YES", they would certainly get something sorted.

Of course, most of you met Ted Winkler when he came to one of our meetings last year and although he hasn't been out and about much lately, Chris Arundel popped to see him earlier today and spent a couple of hours chatting to him about his life and recording some stuff for an interview.

The resulting interview(s) will most likely be on the Radio Humberside Carl and Lizzie breakfast show on Monday morning.  I'll post the link on here once it's been aired so those who aren't able to listen to it live can catch it on iplayer.  Updates on further events if they happen will also follow.

Pretty amazing odds for this type of coincidence happening, particularly if you think at the rate they are decreasing with each passing day now!