[Hide Attachments]
DSCF4597.JPG IMG_0779.jpg Resizer_16438148262450.jpg P1020292.jpg

Models > Modelling Projects

Mikromir Percival Provost T.1 1/48

(1/16) > >>

Bigkev:
Hi All,
Started this at last playday.
It will be my next project in Trainer Aircraft.
A short run type kit, with some etch brass and masks provided in it.
I intend to make this a T.1 variant used as a trainer by the RAF, not the armed version in this offering.
Some pictures of the kit contents, and the dry run I have done so far. Quite a lot of cleaning up of the parts were required, and will be needed as the build progresses.
Cheers,
Kevin

cph64:
This is a nice looking aircraft, no doubt you'll make a good job of the build.

chriswil42:
A good start Kevin.

Bigkev:
A little more progress.
Started on the engine and propellor assembly. All the parts needed quite a bit of a clean up.
The propellor consists of five pieces, Propellor, nose boss, backplate, and collar for the rear. The engine two, engine cylinders and gearbox housing.
The propellor went together remarkably well, though there will be a little sanding and filling to smooth out the joins. The engine needed a hole drilling for a prop shaft, which I made out of a length of brass rod.
Whilst in the mood I made a start of cleaning up the canopy for use later in the build. The central part of the canopy has been moulded in two halves, which meant a tricky glueing job. I used good old fashioned Revell contacta glue applied sparingly with a cocktail stick to both halves, then brought together and supported by some plasticine whilst they dried. Once dried hard, the glazing panels were masked either side of the frame where the join was, and so gentle scraping and sanding to make good.
They were then washed in soapy water to remove any grease/fingerprints, and allowed to dry before polishing with a soft cloth.
They were then dipped in Deluxe's 'Looks like Glass', the excess being wiped away with a wet brush. Then allowed to dry. Pleased to say the clarity is much better, and this will be enhanced further by a dip in 'Kleer' which also gives a harder more resilient finish.
Some pictures follow, until next time.
Cheers,
Kevin       

Bob C:
It?s coming along nicely.

Bob c

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version