Author Topic: Model Shops  (Read 1388 times)

zak

• Grumpy by name and nature
    • View Profile
Model Shops
« on: August 31, 2016, 07:22:58 AM »
These now seem to be fewer and further between them.
I have just visited the model shop in Ripon, Veteranus models.
https://veteranus.co.uk/
Excellent shop, well stocked with some unusual kits, I did pick up one or two, and of course the Badger primer.
Well worth a visit.
Grumpy by name and nature

Pen-Pusher

Re: Model Shops
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 10:38:44 AM »
Yes, they are a good business and do great mail order. Their new premises make all the difference and a visit most enjoyable..

Wizzel

• Someday, you'll all be like me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 09:52:06 PM »
I've not been there yet but it's on my list.  I did call and speak to them a while back though and got a cozy feeling about their friendly and helpful attitude.

bridlufc

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 10:37:18 PM »
Visited the model shop in Haworth called Pennine Models, Bd22 8ne, during the summer and it was just as you would expect a model shop to be, rather compact but with lots of shelves with models to cater for all interests. Well worth a visit if you are over that way. There are two model shops in Edinburgh that are also worth a visit. The first one is called Wonderland Models on Lothian Rd, Eh3 9an, which is rather orderly but never the less well stocked with models and accessories, with friendly and knowledgeable staff. The second one, Harburn Hobbies is situated on the main road in Leith, Eh7 4aq, is more like a an old style model shop that caters for modellers and model railway enthusiasts. The staff are also very friendly.