[Hide Attachments]
P1030643.JPG P1040675.JPG IMG_0330.jpg P3137184.jpg

Models > Modelling Projects

SMS VIRIBUS UNITIS IN 1:350 BY TRUMPETER.

<< < (2/14) > >>

chriswil42:
There's quite some detail there.

Haddock:
Got some paint sloshed on the hull, also secondary armament fitted.
Yes, the boot topping is pink and historically correct according to the experts.
Haddock.

Bigkev:
Oooh La, la,   M'seiur Haddock,
Very Parisien
Watching and learning.
Bigkev

chriswil42:
Makes a change from shades of grey.

Haddock:
Slow progress folks. This is where the time goes.

I've included a couple of pictures of the instruction sheet which should help with the explanation of some of the problems.
I need to build the bridge structure so I can put it in place to determine where the rigging will land on the deck without
 colliding with anything, in particular, the bridge wings.

First problem is, the etched brass doesn't fit thr plastic, this is quite normal for Trumpeter and I know it's going to happen,
it just depends how bad it is.

In this instance, the wheelhouse brass (PE A29) is too long for the plastic.
My solution is to add microstrip all the way around it's associated deck (G23) to increase the overall size by 0.5mm. In hindsite
1mm would have made the job a little easier.

The same problem arises with the compass platform (G9) and it's mating brass (PE A3). I've used the same solution.

By now you must be getting bored.

All the heights are wrong, not by much, but enough to make the whole lot "drunk". Ive chopped lumps off and added shims of varing thicknesses to improve the looks.

Finally, there's a stairway (PE A14) that connects the bottom level to the wheelhouse deck. After many dry runs, I decided it just wouldn't fit so I've use some artistic licence, microstrip and the spares box to create something I can actually put together.

If your still with me, well done!!

The pictures hopefully speak for themselves. If it's grey, it's plastic, if it's white, it's a plasticard shim, if it looks like brass, it is brass, if there's any red spots, that's my blood.
Haddock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version