Author Topic: THANKYOU  (Read 2345 times)

driffowl

THANKYOU
« on: August 05, 2011, 07:25:13 PM »
first of all a  BIG  thankyou to all the club members for giving me there blessing to go ahead with the charity bookstall you're not a bad bunch are you? :)

secondly
thanks to dave and tony for the advice on the glue, bob called in to see me yesterday and was touched that you had bothered to answer the question and asked me to thank you both

thirdly
thanks to kevin,andy and shaz for doing the fliers so quickly and making such a good job. i think between us all  on the day we <THE CLUB>will give the public plenty to see
 8)

geoff
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:27:28 PM by driffowl »

bridlufc

Re: THANKYOU
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »
Glad I was of some assistance.  I am looking forward to the 'show' at the railway station. How about 'bigging up' our club to entice other clubs to come to an event of ours? We are always willing to go to other clubs events.
Just a thought

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 06:20:17 PM »
Hi bridlufc,

I fully understand your 'Bigging Up' idea for the club and I think in time we could do as good a job as others. However, lets not try to run before we can walk. This show is a toe in the water, this time, and I think that we will learn some lessons this time for future occassions.

There might be obstacles to overcome, things we had not properly considered, such as, timing, staffing, etc, etc.

These will be able to be discussed and worked out for our next attempt and perhaps we WILL be able to have invited clubs, traders to attend with us.

I know my hair is Silver Grey already and yours is too, but I am not ready for 'white' just yet!

But, I do appreciate your comments and enthusism for a show. Good on yer! 

Bigkev
I hope my next is always better

bridlufc

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 08:35:35 PM »
Hi Kev, sorry if I appear rather too enthusiastic, but I envy you members who are able to travel to model shows. I feel I am pretty limited as to being able to attend those meetings due to my lack of transport and family commitments, usually on the day of the meeting. A local show will allow me, and no doubt, other members to be more involved, and to experience first hand the 'thrill' of being part of a show.

Regards Bridlufc

Bigkev

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 06:39:12 AM »
Hi Bridlufc,

I fully understand your comments, and why you want to see this as 'your' must attend show.
You do not need to be apologetic at all. In fact somebody with so much enthusism is extremely valuable to the club, in fact priceless. Perhaps you would like to get more involved in this show, and the post show discussions, so that we can put a bigger show on in future, that you and other members can enjoy and be part of?

Bigkev 
I hope my next is always better

driffowl

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 10:30:50 AM »
another thankyou needs to go out to gordon<organiser of this weekends steam show at driffield> and david tite for kindly agreeing to advertise our event at this weekends show

cheers guys

geoff

modellers of the world should STICK  ;)together