[Hide Attachments]
P3160133.jpg Bronco 1607175.jpg P1040536.JPG P1040185.JPG

Models > Modelling Projects

Ku.Fl.Gr. 406

<< < (2/5) > >>

cph64:
The turrets need to be built and painted so they can be trapped in place when joining the fuselage halves, unfortunately the frames are indistinct in places and so some 2nd guessing is going on plus they're moulded in two clear havles which means the join has to be disguised as best as. So far I haven't found a clear photo or diagram on the internet for these but I'll keep looking. One on line build says you can see into the fuselage from the rear upper turret so I've made a bulkhead to block this off. The radio operators floor and seat don't have definite positions below the seat so this is a best guess.

Bigkev:
Coming along nicely Chris.

cph64:
Looking at the Revell instructions of the re-box of this kit it appears there is no frame at the reverse of the turrets where the join is. As this is not the easiest of joins to remove I'm going to live with the fact that I've tried to disguise it. There is a set of vacform turrets available but then that asks the question how do you fit the cannons without a major rebuild? The next tricky step regarding the turrets is getting them into place whilst joining the fuselage halves together. The upper open turret has been glued into place to make this a two step problem not a three. I started by putting the front turret in and then glueing so far along the fuselage, during which I had to remove the instrument console and reaffix to get a good join. When this was something like I did the same with the rear turret before running glue into any gaps and then bringing them together with elastic bands and clamps.
Earlier on whilst waiting for the turret framework paint to dry I'd started work on the beaching trolley cleaning up mould seams and sanding joints. This was put together using Humbrol tube cement to give a firm bond followed by PlastWeld. To ensure a 'square' frame I initially used a sanding block as a jig followed by the cutting mat lines.

Bigkev:
Gun turrets moulded in parts have always been difficult to master.
Looks like you are getting there though.
Keep at it.
Kevin

chriswil42:
Nice progress Chris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version